The Craftmans Shop > Backyard Ballistics

Current gun build

<< < (3/9) > >>

Bernd:
Very nice work there Alphawolf.  :bow:

Do they go "bang"? ::)

Bernd

J. Tranter:
What calliber did you make them to? I want to build one how difficult are they to build?

Alphawolf45:
  Yes they both function very well..45 ACP....How difficult to build? ....I had trouble reading the blueprints but I have bad eyesight..So I made 3 small mistakes on the first one but I tig welded some new metal into the stainless steel frame and recut it....How difficult? I dont know how to answer that.... I am a machinist and have a well equipped shop , lathes and mills and surface grinders etc, etc,, if I didnt make mistakes I wouldnt have thought the work was hard at all...There have been guys manage to finish such a build and all they had to work with was a Dremel and a drillpress....... but they didnt machine their slide like I did working it from a rough casting, that was touch and go , I would not have been surprised if I'd have messed that up since that work isnt easy to do without specially made tools...I did make 8 or 10 special ground cutters to do the work on the whole project a couple special just for the slide..
. Aww well aww well..Good hobby , now I started building Highwall parts..That will keep me entertained for couple months , I'll make every piece but the barrel , will make every bolt ,every spring , will cast the crescent buttplate , will carve the stocks.....See the picture... You believe that piece will eventually look for all the world like it come from the Winchester factory? I assure you it will..

Alphawolf45:
 The top rifle is a .38-55 caliber homebuilt version of a Stevens model 44 and 1/2 that I finished a year ago.The lower rifle is another same model -- a .17HM2 caliber that I finished building from barstock last week....Presently I building one in .22LR and another as .32-20 ..This falling block Stevens is very desireable action in some groups of shooters, I like'em for my personal collection.Lot of fun to shoot, accurate , feel right and look proper for 100 year old manufacture...

Brass_Machine:
Thats great!

I was just showing my father your gun builds. He owns a few. He handed me a receiver cover for an old sks that he wants modded.

Thanks for sharing

Eric

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version