The Shop > Software Tools

Windows 10 Pro Classic Shell

<< < (3/5) > >>

efrench:
I have Microsoft Edge set as the default program for .pdf files. Clicking on a link to a .pdf pops up a dialog that allows me to either open or save the file.  This is the only thing I use Edge for and it seems to work well for it.  I use Firefox and IE11 for Internet browsing.

You can check the file association settings here: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations

vintageandclassicrepairs:
Hi All,
Thanks for the replies,
I can manage the right click and select options (if I remember  :palm:)

--- Quote ---You can check the file association settings here: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations
--- End quote ---

I tried to find this on Win 10 but have failed so far ??

John

efrench:
Open the Control Panel by right clicking on the taskbar or by running Control.exe from a command prompt.  Click on Control Panel in the address bar and select 'All Control Panel Items'. Continue navigating until you get to 'Set Associations'.

gerritv:
The best way in Win 7 and Win 10 is to use the Windows key. Press it once, then type in what you are looking for, e.g. Control. The choices will appear

Gerrit

awemawson:
So my CPU fans, six off 4 Gb DIMM's and two  Xeon X5550 cpu chips arrived today along with the obigatory Anti Static wrist strap and some sachets of thermal paste.

Should be a nice easy upgrade - open the case, remove all the cooling air ducting, pop the DIMM's in the right slots, remove the protective cover from the extra FCLGA1366 CPU socket on the mother board, pop on the X5550, some heat paste and the cooler. Put back the ducting and boot it up again.

All nice and easy apart from an interruption from a pair of rather attractive Swallows that decided to fly in through the open door (hot today!) and fly around in the workshop.  This has happened before, so the standard procedure is to turn off all the lights, and open the big roller shutter and hope that they go before they drop guano everywhere  :bugeye:

Happily they flew off circling each other like a pair of love birds - rather sweet  :clap:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version