The Shop > Software Tools

Windows 10 Pro Classic Shell

(1/5) > >>

awemawson:
Has anyone 'on forum' experience of installing Windows 10 Professional "Classic Shell" ?

http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/change-windows-10-interface-look,2-302.html

I've just fired up a new (to me) PC workstation that will be dedicated to Fusion 360, and it's operating system is Win 10 Pro. I have to say my first experience of it is it's an operating system for infants, with chunky big buttons and loads of flashy junk all over the screen. (All my other PCs run Win 7 Pro)

Having once loaded up Fusion it's fine, but the experience outside on the desk top is appalling hence considering loading 'Classic Shell'

sparky961:

--- Quote from: awemawson on June 03, 2017, 09:18:42 AM ---I have to say my first experience of it is it's an operating system for infants, with chunky big buttons and loads of flashy junk all over the screen. (All my other PCs run Win 7 Pro)

--- End quote ---

Perfect description. I never moved past Win 7 for this exact reason. I fear I'll eventually become a technological dinosaur, but given the direction technology is going I don't see it as a great loss.

gerritv:
You both need to realize that computers and tablets are not for work, they are for consuming media. Preferably paid for on subscriptions such as Amazon. People actually doing meaningful work on these are a dwindling breed I think.

There are plenty of options to modify the look and feel. Overall the experience is far superior to Windows 7. Press Windows key, start typing name of program and it will show at top of list. Click on it and you are off. No need for cluttered/nested Classic style menus cluttering up the lh side of your screen.

Gerrit

efrench:
Using a third party shell is a recipe for disaster.  Spend some time learning how to turn on and off the UI features you want.

awemawson:
Yes I'm coming to that conclusion if only from an on-going upgrade perspective.

I had intended to specify Win 7 Pro for this machine, but at the last moment thought I ought to get the latest OS and plumped for Win10

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version