+5V-W  =  Red
WHA-    =  Pink
WHB-    =  Transparent
GND      =  Purple and Green Black
X100     =  Blue Black
X10       =  Grey
x1         =  Green
ESTOP   =  Red Black

You end up with 3 wires left over, this means the GND could be common'd up and reduce the pin count to 14 so a 15way D could be used, but the connector shell would be very tight so think the 25way is still the one to use.  The above ONLY applies to the pendant linked to earlier in the thread, the wiring is not universal so check before you follow the above guide.

These are the MPG (pendant) settings used for this particular pendant.  Note top left of the screen it's displaying MPG (Pendant Mode)

At this I have full pendant control over the router, makes a huge difference in driving the machine around rather than typing in the co ordinates on the front panel...  I now also have an ESTOP button (John)

Time to get another pendant ordered I guess.

awemawson:
Joules,

It would be very handy if that pendant was on a plug & socket arrangement - makes the ergonomics of moving things about so much easier and would give you more flexibility sorting the wiring to your liking. Probably need to be a locking plug to prevent inadvertent dislodgement.

Joules:
Andrew, this is just temporary to test the pendant and make sure it works as it also has zero strain relief as is.  I will be using 25w D connectors with locking screws in the shell.

Joules:
The mill arrived, thanks Lester.  Now to get it trued and fettled as best I can for manual operation.  Then figure out how to CNC it.

:scratch:

It's only a little beast but weighs in at over 90kgs, bit of hand scraping on some ways to get them even once I find which, or both are out of whack.

:dremel:

The origional plan was to drive the Z axis from underneath, but as the action of the hand wheel is pretty good might just hang the motor off the front as per the Y axis.  As was pointed out to me it has a lot of mass and gravity working in my favour.  Ball screw might not be the best option for Z as it could easily back turn when the stepper powers down.  Only need two ballscrews then   :thumbup:

John Stevenson:
Call that a photo ?
Seen better identikit photos on crime watch.

:worthless:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version