The Shop > CNC

Desktop Mill CNC Conversion

<< < (2/7) > >>

Will_D:
 I saw that diagram Joules on the makers thread!

Its just that the colours of the wires bear no relationship to the connections on the DDCSV1?

Or am I just being incredibly stupid?

Joules:
Yeah, tis a little confusing.  However all the important stuff is there, you don't have a line out for the LED and the emergency stop on the DDCSV only uses two wires not three.   I'll do a wire to pin chart later, probably after I have wired mine up so we know its right, or WRONG.

Also confusing is the E-stop has two options, one for the pendant 5v and an external E-stop 12v  My guess, they won't appreciate being cross wired.

Joules:
Finally got the pendant working....   If you're at all colour blind this will be a challenge.  I had a really bright light and the colours are still awkward.  Wiring direct into the DDCSV is lets say tricky, it wants to be a socket of some sort and thicker gauge cable off the other side.   The other thing that caught me out was setting the logic levels in the parameters and remember to select MPG using the mode button.  I cracked open the case and tested every wire till I realised I wasn't in MPG mode
 :palm:

Oh well, at least I had continuity and everything was wired correctly, if you are colour blind this is actually the best way to attempt wiring it as the board has some silk screen labels and the encoder connections are as per the diagram.

raynerd:
 :offtopic: nice power supply. Rob Wilson sent me one of those a good few years back. I love it.

Joules:
LOL I picked that one up at an Amateur radio rally from the Kenwood stand, it's got to be over 20yrs old now.

Will, I just took a look in the manual and saw the wire list you must have looked up.  Ignore that unless you use the pendant they specify, this one isn't the same as that, hence the different wire colours, but they do the same job, main requirement being the pendant has a 5v encoder, NOT 12v.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version