Home Base > Introductions

Hello From SoCal

(1/3) > >>

usn ret:
T'was looking for the end of the internet, quit looking when I found this site.  Retired Navy Aviation Maintenance 26 yrs. I got to live in Japan and Spain and visit every major land mass on the globe. Began hobby? machining after retirement taking a classes at the local community college.  Got to be the  teachers aide for a time allowing me unfettered access to the machine lab at just about any time.  I had a key and the alarm code, lucky me. Over the years I have gone from a 12 x 36 Atlas/Craftsman lathe to a 13 x 40 Jet belt drive lathe and from a cobbed together mill/drill to a 35 yr old  low-mileage 9 x 42  Hartford machine. It has since been upgraded to xy CNC, life is good. Also have drill press, sanders, grinder, gas & wire feed welder and assorted power and hand tools.  Main project right now is re-engineing a TR7 DHC to a 3.1L Chevy V6. 1/2 finished, I keep getting interrupted by people giving  me  $$$$ to build this or modify that. I really dislike mertic threads!!!$$$$  Allows me to pay for new bit & pieces  now and then.  Wife calls the garage/shop the other woman. :dremel:
Cliff

bogstandard:
Welcome Cliff.

If you are into projects, then this is the place to be. Almost anything can be shown on here. It seems, the more outrageous the project, the better the lads like it.

Pull up a car seat, and park your bum for a while.

Bogs

sbwhart:
Welcome aboard Cliff I think you'll have fun her watch out for  :proj:

When you get sorted some pics of your projects would be welcome.

Cheers
 :beer:
Stew

Darren:
Hi Cliff, doesn't sound like you have retired at all, but having loads of fun instead  :thumbup:

welcome to the forum  :ddb:

Bernd:
Cliff,

I see a majority of the Brittish lads have welcomed you already. They wake up way before we do over here.  :)

Nice to see another Coloinal join the the group. (inside joke)  :D

See you are all set with machinery, now like it was mentioned  :worthless: , so have at it.

Oh by the way you'll probably get  :proj: because  :mmr:  now that you've joined the  :borg:

Again a warm welcome.

Regards,
Bernd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version