Author Topic: Jepson Dry Cutter Saw  (Read 3092 times)

Offline Sid_Vicious

Jepson Dry Cutter Saw
« on: May 09, 2014, 08:04:43 PM »
Last weekend I was at Norway's biggest swapmeet/ bootsale and bought a Jepson Metalsaw with stand for 1700 Norwegian kroner, roughly 170£. A google search showed up a price on it at 865euro new and some youtube videos of it in use.

Has anyone any advice on what I should look out for to make it last as long as possible?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:12:05 PM by dsquire »
Nothing is impossible, it just take more time to figure out.

Offline Jonny

Re: Jepson Dry Cutter Saw
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 05:10:46 PM »
Been after similar for years but didn't like the price considering the usage it would get.

What do you intend cutting, various blades are used in above video all thin wall sections.
What they call thick wall is realistically only thin compared to solid with number of cuts substantially plummeting. Think your going to have to live with that but don't force, get a feel whether its cutting or not.
Likewise too many teeth will wear quicker than the correct number of teeth for the task and take longer. Too little teeth could chip blades or stress the motor, damage or even rip job out the vice.

Offline Sid_Vicious

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 05:08:41 AM »
I don't know yet what I will be cutting, mostly alu and a few bits of steel I think. The price was right, about a quarter of new price so I just bought it. The seller said it had been used in a plumbers store before so my guess is mostly on thin walled stuff. Next thing to look for will be some other blades for it.
Nothing is impossible, it just take more time to figure out.

Offline Topos

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 12:25:56 PM »
 :thumbup:

I recently bought the DeWalt version and it has made life so easy.

Being 'cowardly', when I have to cut infrequently a steel rod for
turning down I take the unit outside and let the sparks fly as they
might.

Happy safe cutting.

Best.