Author Topic: End mills for Hong Kong?  (Read 13668 times)

Offline Pete W.

Re: End mills for Hong Kong?
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2014, 12:25:01 PM »
Hi there, Piper1,

With respect, I think you mis-typed the title of this thread, typing 'for Hong Kong' when you meant 'from Hong Kong'.

For the sake of anyone in the future using the search facility, please would you give the Moderators your blessing to amend the thread title?
Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you haven't seen the latest design change-note!

Offline kayz1

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »
Forgot to post earlier, my stuff arrived last Friday...very fast service and ticked on the back as a gift..well pleased.
Roughing cutters, i agree, the 3/8 one is spot on but the others leave a lot of marks as if i have used a rough file
on it.. but will do for me to learn with.
 Lyn.

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2014, 10:56:20 AM »
I've had a couple of emails today from 'Peter' at Richon in Hong Kong regarding the duff roughing mills. He's sending some replacements he had from 'another factory', but cannot investigate further until after the Chinese New Year (of the Horse!) when the original source factory re-opens

Andrew
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline piper1

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014, 05:07:24 PM »
To be honest  I'm no expert at all when it comes to milling, but i used a couple of them today for the first time and i was very happy with the results.

Offline krv3000

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 08:40:06 PM »
well i can not coment on them as yet i don't have a mill but as most things its dawn to cost we get sum good workshop (p###) hope this dus not ofend in any way.  IE tool catalogs from all ove the place with all maner of shiny things in can thum thruw them for hawers but when a set of center dills of the net is say £10 with post and in the catalog ther gowing for £38.99  :jaw: witch ones are you gowing to by and like most things it will depend on haw the tool is bin used i have had tip in me turning tool at work for weeks then left the tool in the lathe whent back and the tips broken  :doh: me own folt for leving it in ther sum of the older members will remember that milling cuters  wher never bind they wher always resharpend but as most things it did not cum cost efective to do this if you is is bisnes then the price of the tool shud be in with the job just my  bit

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2014, 04:43:33 AM »
You may recall that the three 16 mm roughing cutters I got from Richon were badly ground, with large burrs on the helix. They instantly agreed to replace them so full marks for that.   :thumbup:

The replacements arrived today. Magically they have been converted into 16 mm finishing end mills, not roughing ones ! I'll leave it at that and not pursue it further - I'm sure it's a genuine mistake. I'll just regrind the originals !
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline superc

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2014, 09:41:45 PM »
I long ago made it a practice to only shop ebay US as the Federal laws regarding electronic payment protections and use of the US Mails (which includes your getting a credit card bill related to the transaction) offers a lot of protection and options if you get stiffed and all aspects are in the same country.  Get stiffed on an overseas transaction and you may just be out of luck.

That being said, about two and a half weeks ago I decided I will want to put some T slots in an aluminum slab I have and found a perfectly sized T cutter for $16 US w free shipping.  The seller was bestones2010 (aka hengyou tools) and the seller is in China.  I have no idea what province.  I took a chance and ordered it.  Paid via PayPal.  The cutter arrived in about 9 days from the day I ordered.  It seems to measure properly and it is indeed an HSS cutter.  It looks good.