Author Topic: Bad week for machining supplies.  (Read 3875 times)

Offline WillieL

• This space for rent.
Bad week for machining supplies.
« on: February 03, 2012, 04:12:51 PM »
I ordered a backing plate for my lathe this week. When it arrived I discovered all the cam-lock pins and screws were missing. Have to ship this one back and re-order another one. (Enco)

I ordered a riser block for my mill as well. It was listed as "in stock". The company simply canceled my order without telling me. I finally found out they are now discontinued and won't be getting any more. (Grizzly)

I also ordered a threading tool that was supposed to be delivered this week. UPS now notifies me that it is currently stuck somewhere in Colorado, in the midst of a winter snow storm. No telling how long it will be before it gets moving again.

I just can't win sometimes.   :bang: :bang: :bang:

WillieL

Midwestern USA

Offline Jonny

Re: Bad week for machining supplies.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 04:31:56 PM »
If its like over here with 1/8" of snow the whole south comes to a standstill, no idea.
Lst couple of years its rubbed off on further up norf.

It goes like that sometimes, perhaps you might get the tool when snow thaws out.

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park, South Africa
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 05:47:18 PM »
Willie,

So it wasn't too bad a week then :lol: :lol: :lol:
 :beer:
DaveH
(Ex Leicester, Thurmaston, Ashby De La Zouch.)

Offline Paddy OFernichur

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 06:18:26 PM »
Sorry to hear of everything going that way. Bad things happen in three's so I think you're clear now.

In the future, look to Jeff Beck of Tools4Cheap.net for items like that first. I know from experience that if he doesn't have it in stock, he calls to speak with you about the choices of action you have available. And the stuff he does have, is generally of better quality than his direct competitors.

Offline WillieL

• This space for rent.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 12:02:45 AM »
Bad things happen in three's so I think you're clear now.

Well I certainly hope you are right about that:headbang:

I will make sure to check out Jeff's offerings in the future. I used to have very good luck with Enco's products. But my last half-dozen or so of orders from them have been riddled with various problems. And when I have called and spoke to them about it, I get indifference, ignored, or an argument from them. Certainly not the same level of service they had a few years ago before MSC took over operations.   :(

WillieL

Midwestern USA