The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

Amatuer Radio Operator Members

(1/4) > >>

75Plus:
I am curious as to how many of the members that are "Ham" operators operate HF mobile? I have made an antenna tuning device that I will post if there is any interest.

Joe

75Plus:
I haven't been active on HF in about 5 years but I do keep a 2 meter rig hooked up for an occasional contact. Back when I was running HF mobile on a regular basis, using base loaded "Ham Sticks" I came up with a way to add impedance matching to go along with tuning for the favorite portion of a particular band. With mobile antennas, especially 40 and 80 meters, you need all the help you can get. I think I will get a few pictures and do a write-up on it. Some will no doubt find it of interest.

I have been NØFNF for over 25 years now.

Joe

HS93:
I have a full licence but cannot use it for medical reasons but always interested in what is about.

Peter G0PAH

John Hill:
I used to operate HF mobile, not actually while driving, but I could have if I wanted to.  ZL2AYQ

I used a base loaded whip on the front bumper with an "inside out" roller inductor which I could adjust from the cabin via a system of Bowden cables.  Used a Kenwood TS520, CW mostly.  But I have not touched it for 15 years or so, I still have the transceiver and the licence is still valid so I could fire it up, maybe it might even work!

Imagineering:

--- Quote from: John Hill on April 28, 2011, 05:09:36 AM ---I used to operate HF mobile, not actually while driving, but I could have if I wanted to.  ZL2AYQ

I used a base loaded whip on the front bumper with an "inside out" roller inductor which I could adjust from the cabin via a system of Bowden cables.  Used a Kenwood TS520, CW mostly.  But I have not touched it for 15 years or so, I still have the transceiver and the licence is still valid so I could fire it up, maybe it might even work!

--- End quote ---

You seem to have crossed my Radar again John, I used to drive the Freyberg High School Transmitter back in the mid '70s  in Palmerston Nth.
It was ZL2AVZ back then, but probably doesn't exist anymore as the School teaches tereo and Political Correctness these days.
No Tech Drawing, Metal or Woodworking anymore, so I guess the Model Aircraft & Radio Clubs are defunct as well.

Murray.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version