The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

Amatuer Radio Operator Members

<< < (2/4) > >>

kwackers:
My stuffs in the attic. I used to do mainly 2m & 70cm SSB.

G0RBI.

andyf:
I still have my G1 callsign, but haven't been on air for years. I tended to get more fun out of  :zap: building stuff (to other folks' designs; I wasn't that knowledgeable) than actually using it. Maybe I'll run a long wire down the garden one one of these days and see if any of it still works.

Andy

Swarfing:
2E0POZ and always interested in Ham projects

Cheers

DavidA:
I was a radio operator in the army. Always wanted to get my licence.
So I went to night school and eventually became M1BZD, (allowed on 2 Metre,  phone only)

Then I never used it.

Guess I must have been more interested in the technology than actually conversing.

Strange world,  isn't it ?

Dave.

andyf:

--- Quote from: DavidA on April 28, 2011, 04:03:56 PM ---I was a radio operator in the army. Always wanted to get my licence.
So I went to night school and eventually became M1BZD, (allowed on 2 Metre,  phone only)

Then I never used it.

Guess I must have been more interested in the technology than actually conversing.

Strange world,  isn't it ?

Dave.

--- End quote ---

You may still be licensed, Dave. Licences are granted for life now, but you have to validate them every 5 years; this lets Ofcom know you're still alive, I suppose. It can be done at http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/radiocommunication-licences/amateur-radio/   but I don't know what you do if you have already gone over the 5 years without validating. Might be worth a try because validation costs nothing, and you don't often get owt for nowt from a government agency.

Andy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version