The Shop > Metal Stuff

Adventures in metal spinning \o/

<< < (2/4) > >>

Powder Keg:
Hey Steve, Hows things?

I started on the second piece of the adapter. I turned down the OD and faced it off. I then machined a pilot into the end of it. The large threaded piece will have the OD machined while on the spindle of my lathe. Then this piece will bolt to that.

While it was in my lathe, I blued it and scribed a bolt circle on it with a threading tool.

Now I need to remove my chuck and finish machining the large threaded piece that I started earlier.

Divided he ad:
Hey Wes  :wave:

Good to see you back  :dremel:

Looking forward to seeing how this thread develops.... Might help me out a lot!  :thumbup:

Ralph.

cedge:
Wes
Things have been a lot more fun around here. With a couple of projects under my belt, I'm feeling on top of most of it these days.

Glad to see you bobbing back to the top and rejoining us. Hope everything out your way is far better than before. I'm interested to see where you take the spinning thing. I've been tempted but not enough to jump in without a bit of visual information. Books are great, but seeing will help things along much better.

Steve

Powder Keg:
It's good to be back :beer:

Tonight I turned the adapter down till the nose piece just taped on. I'll lay out the holes and drill and tap them now. Then I can finish this part up :headbang: At that point. I'll need to start making a couple of patterns to spin the metal against. I need to order some aluminum to practice on.

Later, Wes

Bernd:

--- Quote from: Powder Keg on November 09, 2009, 08:14:49 PM ---I need to order some aluminum to practice on.

Later, Wes

--- End quote ---

I'd send you the aluminum I have, but somebody special made this for me so your just gonna' have to break down and get your own aluminum.  :lol:

Welcome back Wes.

I hold this up to the wife everytime she asks when I'm going to do a project. I think I'm going to get a chain and put it around my neck.  :lol:

Bernd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version