Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

Splitting an outer CV joint

(1/4) > >>

Darren:
Guys I'm a bit embarrassed asking this as I've done loads in the past, but it's been quite some time...

I've got my car front hubs off, the outer rubber gaiter is pulled back to expose the CV joint. Trouble is there is so much black grease everywhere I can't see into the joint very well.

What I can't remember is if there is a circlip to take out first or if you just knock the joint apart with a big hammer?

I've modded the hub btw, I'll put some pic's up later but now I need to work on it whilst it's still light.

usn ret:
Darren, there is always a snapring/circlip, you just have to dig out the grease and find the litle bugger. As much as I like the bigger hammer theory, :smart: I don't think it is for this application.
Cliff :coffee:

Darren:
Ok, I thought there might be.....just can't find the little............darling..... :doh:

Darren:
I found this, not my partic car, but the same make and the bits look the same........

And we see a little circlip, well I can see it in the pic,

Right off back to the car for another look before it gets dark

http://eper.fiatforum.com/cgi-bin/naread.exe?src=D:/Fiat/ePER/data/SP.NA.00976.FCTLR/f2v.na&type=N&key=2740202002

Darren:
Cleaned most of the grease out and for the life of me I can't find a clip?

Some pictures

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version