Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

Rotary Table Centreing

(1/6) > >>

Bluechip:
Hi Folks ..

I have a 6" Vertex R.T., now I can centre it with a chuck OK. but how do I centre the thing without a chuck ??

It's easy with a 2 MT centre in it, but then I can't get at the table to bang the centre out from below  :scratch:

I have come up with this idea, but is there an easier way ??

The screw thread will jack the centre out with a sleeve nut, I reckon ..

I've never seen this idea before, so I guess there is a better way ..

Dave BC

bogstandard:
Hi Dave,

If you are using a DTI to centre the table with a chuck, then you can use the same DTI to centre it by using the MT2 socket that you want to drop the centre into.

Rather than clocking on the outside, you clock on the inside.

Bogs

Bluechip:
Bogs ..

I've no idea how to use a clock to centre a RT.

What I've been doing is to use a feeler guage trapped between the two points, the look for the 'skew angle', like I did the lathe centres before I got a test bar.

I have a good few books on Milling set-ups but nowhere is a pic. of the technique.

Maybe if I trawled thro' my MEW's there is a description. ??

Not very bright, am I ?? :scratch:

Dave

sbwhart:
Hi Dave

Ther's some pics of centering a RT on my Elbow Engine thread her

http://madmodder.net/index.php?topic=820.30

You want the post for 30th March

Hope this helps

Stew

bogstandard:
Sorry about that Dave,

Because you had said that you had already centred it, I assumed you had used a clock, as that is the normal method.

Just like a smart**se, assuming again and dropping myself in the crap.

Stew shows how it is done using a clock. If you still can't understand how to do it, then please shout up again, and we will show you how to do it, and promise not to jump to conclusions again.

Having a finger clock is definitely the easiest and best way to do it, but there are other methods if you don't have one.

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version