Author Topic: It's BIG, Yellow and digs holes! JCB 3CX Project 8 is joining the Tractor Shed  (Read 15726 times)

Offline tom osselton

Re: It's BIG, Yellow and digs holes! JCB 3CX Project 8 is joining the Tractor Shed
« Reply #175 on: September 09, 2022, 06:05:27 PM »
Looks good

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: It's BIG, Yellow and digs holes! JCB 3CX Project 8 is joining the Tractor Shed
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2022, 08:24:11 AM »
Thanks Tom.

The Decals arrived in  the post this morning - so after a bit of trimming (glad I bought a 'roller guillotine' a few years back!) I went to fit them.

The ones either side of the bonnet went on fine as per pictures below, however the 'Keep it Original' sticker has the adhesive on the wrong side - OK for mounting inside a windscreen for instance but no good going on the underside of an opaque metal bonnet  :bang:

Anyhoo . . . it's progress and hopefully my chap can find the correct 'Keep it Original ' sticker in the days to come.

Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline hermetic

« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2022, 01:24:10 PM »
I tried to get a Decal set for my Big Bee topper, no luck!!
Phil
Man who says it cannot be done should not disturb man doing it! https://www.youtube.com/user/philhermetic/videos?

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2022, 02:04:41 PM »
The black & white ones are obviously just printed on a vinyl printer - he must have the artwork, but the 'Keep it Original' one is the real McCoy - just intended for a windscreen not bodywork !

Given a decent copy of the art work there are loads of places that can print reproduction logos etc
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline hermetic

« Reply #179 on: September 15, 2022, 03:31:46 PM »
Hmmm, now you have me thinking, I will see what I can find!
Phil
Man who says it cannot be done should not disturb man doing it! https://www.youtube.com/user/philhermetic/videos?

Offline djc

« Reply #180 on: September 17, 2022, 07:06:08 AM »
'Keep it Original' one is the real McCoy - just intended for a windscreen not bodywork

Cover the sticky side with standard sticky-back transparent film and put double-sided sticky tape on the back. It will be three times its original thickness but that might not matter.

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #181 on: September 17, 2022, 11:33:03 AM »
Good idea as the JCB chap hasn't come up with the goods yet.
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #182 on: September 18, 2022, 09:28:59 AM »
Thanks to DJC's cunning suggestion I got round to fixing the final decal of this painting session - the 'Keep It Genuine' sticker under the bonnet.

I stuck the label to a piece of laminating film, trimmed it to size, then stuck it on with double sided tape. Not sure how long the materials will last under a hot bonnet, but it looks good at the moment !

Many thanks for that suggestion.

Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #183 on: September 18, 2022, 05:12:36 PM »
There’s always Crazy Glue if it comes off.

Offline Sea.dog

• Up Spirits!
« Reply #184 on: September 20, 2022, 10:03:37 AM »
Just the rams and arms to paint now, Andrew  :D

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #185 on: September 20, 2022, 12:56:55 PM »
I'd love to Graham, but to do a proper job they need to come off and be stripped back to bare metal - nothing worse than a tarted up bit of plant that's '10 yards pretty' and I barely have the lifting tackle for the job.

No pun intended but it's not a task to take lightly,.

Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Pete W.

« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2022, 04:43:37 AM »
SNIP - nothing worse than a tarted up bit of plant that's '10 yards pretty' - SNIP

Someone whose YouTube video I was watching recently used the expression 'Dulux overhaul'!

(I previously thought 'Dulux' was an ICI brand-name - I didn't realise it was known in the USA as well as in the UK.)

But still, as the famous quote has it: 'Fog in channel - Continent isolated'.   :D   :D   :D 
Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you haven't seen the latest design change-note!