The Breakroom > The Water Cooler

Music in the workshop

(1/4) > >>

old-biker-uk:
OK I'll start:
Here are a few of my favourites. (Ipod played thro surplus PC speakers)
Bob Dylan; Márta Sebestyén; Ali Farka Toure; The Albion Band; Van Morrison; MJQ; Bela Fleck; Tinaretulvi Ensemble;
Randy Newman; Jimmy Giuffre; Ion Laceanu; John Martyn; Deaf Shepherd; Dire Straits; Nina Simone; Nicolae Pirvu;
Planxty; Gerry Mulligan; Youssou N'Dour; Sting; Dave Brubeck; Salif Keita; Steve Forbert;
To name but a few.
Oh. I forgot to mention Brother Ellias & His Zig Zag Jive Flutes !
Mark

raynerd:
ewwww, nice thread!

Pantera - Walk
NoFX - linoleum
Capdown - Ska Wars
Guns and Roses - Welcome to the Jungle and Paradise City
Steve Via - For the love of god, The Audience is Listening
Joe Satriani - the Extremest
Jose Gonsarlez - Heartbeats
Jack Johnson - Sitting waiting wishing
Bella Fleck and the Fleck tones feat. Vic Wooten- stomping grounds
Bare Naked Ladies - One Week
M-Manson - Sweet Dreams
RadioHead - Creep, Street Spirit
Damien Rice - Cannon ball

I like music....

raynerd:
Hey Old-Biker - in absolute ignorance, I was so enthralled by the topic that I failed to actually read your suggestions throughly - you also included Bella Fleck and the fleck tones - aren`t they amazing. Have you heard my suggestion - Bella Fleck featuring Victor Wooten - Stomping Grounds? It is amazing!

Here is a link but to be honest it is different to my version on mp3 - this one below is much longer but hey ho...

part 1

&feature=related  part 2

My complete CD version is only about 4 minutes in total and is a live recording from somewhere - it is fab!

Chris

klank:
And I'll follow, as I started this - on the Devon side of the border -

My favourites played on an Acer MP-330 hooked up to a home brewed pre-amp and 150W power amp with Wharfedale speakers (yup - I am going deaf - played trombone in a brass band for too long) - and who am I to deny my neighbours the chance to hear good music - such as :-

Soul/Tamla Motown; RnB; Stones (You Can't Always Get what You Want is my favourite all time); Reggae/Ska - esp. Bob Marley; Blues - esp. Clapton, BB King, Albert King, Bo Diddley, Big Mama Thornton, Billy Ray Vaughan etc.; Jazz/Swing/Big Band; Moody Blues; Pink Floyd; Skateboard Music (Greenday etc.) - oh, and Jump Around by house of Pain.
My sad secret is I used to help run a mobile disco in the late'60's - "The Solid Gold Road Show" - with my brother - around the "College Circuit" of SW London. Gold velour flairs, purple satin shirt, Sgt. Pepper style fireman's tunic with double row of gold buttons and tinted granny glasses - cool or what??  :lol:

John Stevenson:
I'm more into heavy metal.

Led Zeplin - Whole lotta Love
Pink Floyd - brick in the wall
Meatloaf - most of his but the bastich drank my Newkie brown when we were doing the generators at one of the  rock shows.
TOS - 22 x 84" between centres
Guns and Roses - sweet child of mine.
Beaver - 10 x 54" CNC mill.
Aerosmith - sweet emotion

Anyone else here use last fm ?

http://www.last.fm

Open it up on the shop PC, sign up, no cost and select a playlist and it will then sort out other albums of the same type, the more you select the better it has of second guessing you.

It will play all day, no adverts etc better than the crap radio nowadays with 10,000 adverts for industrial injury and double glazing.

JS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version