The Breakroom > The Water Cooler

Music in the workshop

<< < (4/4)

John Stevenson:

--- Quote from: Divided he ad on May 17, 2009, 07:55:28 AM ---

Found this when looking for any acapella recordings (couldnt find any  :( )

Ralph.

--- End quote ---

Sorry to keep harping on about it [ sod it, no I'm not ] but go to http://wwwlast.fm

Type in Acapella in the search list and you get all their tracks.

Go a google on saving last.fm tracks and you will find links on how to do it if you want to save them, or just put the artist into your library and it will play them and others similar.

JS.

klank:
Just found this - vindicates how great Jilted John is, and a nice honest picture tribute to our esteemed, honest, upright, man-of -the people, and Satesmanlike Prime Minister - GORDON the MORON

SPiN Racing:
My music taste.. is likely about as varied as it comes.... I would think.
I like a very very small amount of older style country.. combined with some few newer specific songs that work for me... Like 455 Rocket by Jodie Messina or however you spell her name.

BUT
99.9 percent of my music taste doesnt involve Country.

I cant actually list bands.. because there are simply too many. But for reference.. EVERY bigger concert that came to central Florida from 1980-1992ish. From Pink Floyd (both showings for Delicate Sound of Thunder) to Every ACDC show.. to ZZ-Top, and everything in between... Moody Blues, Grateful Dead, Talking Heads, Depeche Mode, Billy Idol, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, etc etc etc.
Stones, Rush, Scorpions alllof the rock Genre from the early 70s through the early 90s.

On the otier side of the coin... I started listening to what is now called Hip Hop and or rap. I was listening to grand master flash, run dmc, and well.. the whole host of early rap, before it hit the main stream back in the late 70s, early 80s.

I also was a fan of things like Alan Parsons, Kind Crimson, Jeff Beck, Zappa, George Clinton, Parliment.. etc.

My brother gave me a album Autobahn... by Kraftwerk.. and I then proceeded to get all thier stuff.. and have been a fan of electronic music from a variety of sources.

In the very late 80s, early 90s I was DJing at some underground clubs, and DJing parties. I also competed in car stereo contests, and had a large stereo that took me to the Eastern US Nationals in Daytona.
The stereo was a little bass heavy when trimmed out with white noise for a flat curve on the quality test.
Granted when uncorked.. I was pushing 148.7 Decibels. You would get physically ill in the car. Nauseus, blurred vision, and diahreah if in there for more than 5 minutes at full blast. Yeah Dumb I know.. My hearing loss is a testament to that..
It had 2x15" subwoofers with dual voice coils, 4x10" poly subs, 2x1" softdomes, 2x3.5" Graphite highs, 2x10mm tweeters in the defroster vents, and 4x6.5 Coaxials in the front doors. Later on there was a 10" sub under each seat.
All of it powered from a single Orion 225 HCCA competition high current amp. 2x25 Watts, at 4 Ohms load. I ran it mixed mono, and IIRC I had 1/675th of a ohm load. 0 Gague power leads. At full song it pulled 125Amps of current at 14.4 volts.

The DJ setup I used for shows I did (didnt talk often.. mostly music) I used to have in the house.. but it was simply too big. Its in the upstairs of the garage not hooked up...... I consider hooking it up.. but its so big.. its really overkill. And my neighbors have not complained about me machining till 3 or 4AM yet. Playing music loud would likely cross that line.

Music in the garage currently... I have a local rock station playing quietly on a tiny boom box to the left of the lathe. I cant hear it when anything is running.. but its nice between operations.

My #1 source for music when I am working at work, or at my PC in the house.... Pandora.
www.pandora.com
You simply make your own station... Say.. Rolling Stones. And it plays some rolling stones stuff, and music SIMILAR to them. You can also enter a specific song you like, and it will populate that station with songs similar to that one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version