The Craftmans Shop > Model Engineering

Side Valve i.c. engine from Bar stock

<< < (48/49) > >>

Brian Rupnow:
And finally, after an absolute bear of a time getting one of the soldered in ends to be leak-tight, we have a custom fitted gas tank.

Stilldrillin:

--- Quote from: Brian Rupnow on October 28, 2014, 10:10:18 AM ---And finally, after an absolute bear of a time getting one of the soldered in ends to be leak-tight, we have a custom fitted gas tank.

--- End quote ---

And. Very good it looks too, Brian!  :thumbup:

Well done.....    :clap: :clap:

David D

Brian Rupnow:
I have been asked by a  machining magazine to present an article on this engine for publication. As a consequence of this, I have had to put together an "overview" drawing of the engine with the maximum envelope dimensions and information about bore, stroke, etcetera. This morning I took the time to add the gas tank and a couple of minor components that were not shown previously. The build of this engine is finished, but since I have never actually posted this final information, I am attaching it to the end of the build thread.---Brian

Manxmodder:
Brian, the finished engine with all the ancillaries looks wonderful and is a credit to your skills and problem solving. I would also like to say a very big thanks to you for this very detailed and interesting documentary of the planning and building of this project. :bow: 

And thanks for making detailed plans freely available and hope you will share some future projects with us other madmodders........Cheers, OZ.

Brian Rupnow:
-I am going to have to find a different site to upload my drawings to --there is just too much horse #### involved with the site I am currently using. The reason I don't upload them here is that I post on four different machining/modelling sites, and I want the downloads to be available to all of them. I don't make any money from posting these plans, so I try to use free sites, but it seems to be becoming more and more difficult to find a free site that is not over-ran by spam-ware and misleading advertisements.---Brian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version