Author Topic: Some info on the would be of great help!  (Read 4946 times)

Offline volcom7114

Some info on the would be of great help!
« on: January 29, 2014, 09:49:31 AM »
I picked up an old Inedx model 45 mill a few weeks ago it has #9 B&S taper and came with a few boxes of tooling. It came with a collet chuck that didnt have any collets its a B&S No. 154  and im wondering if someone could help me out as to what collets it takes.. Thanks much

Dennis

Offline krv3000

Re: Some info on the would be of great help!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 02:06:51 PM »
hi im not formilia with that mack have a go on google and see wat pops up

Offline volcom7114

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 11:53:16 PM »
I have googled it and all i get are threads that speak of B&S tooling and such.  :doh:

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 03:56:23 AM »
Hi Dennis

There are quite a few collets on ebay .  " Brown & Sharp Collets " . This might give you some idea of what collets you require.
                      Good luck   David
                                                             Google Brown & Sharp Collets, comes under web results.

Offline volcom7114

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 09:55:46 AM »
I have searched all over for brown and sharpe collets chucks and come back with nothing at all thats why im reaching out on forums. :)

Offline rudydubya

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 03:00:14 PM »
Dennis, I think the company is now called Wells-Index.  You might try an email to them at wellsindex@aol.com.  Their website is at http://www.wells-index.com/.

Regards,
Rudy

Offline TLGriff

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 06:10:00 PM »
Dennis,

Another option to consider is that Wells-Index will regrind that spindle to an R8 taper. There is a lot more tooling available for the R8 than the B&S #9. I think they charge about $250.

Tom

Offline volcom7114

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 12:07:39 PM »
Thanks Tom and yes they will regrind the spindle for 285 plus 80 for a new draw bar and they also want it shipped to them in a hand made wood box and you have to pay shipping their and back of course so prob looking at around 5-600 bucks but on the good side to it is all your B&S tooling will still fit as they said their will still be some B&S taper left in the spindle but he said you wouldnt want to do have side milling as their would be some slop in the collet/tool holder around the bottom of the spindle so to me it really makes your B&S tooling useless for anything other than a drill press..

Dennis