Author Topic: DRO's on a Aciera F3  (Read 2638 times)

Offline NeoTech

• Roughedge Hobbyworks
DRO's on a Aciera F3
« on: December 01, 2013, 10:26:09 AM »
So i just post this cuz it could be interesting for a owner of an Aciera F3 without DRO's. There isnt much information online on howto mount DRO's on these machines and this is how went about it.

Overall, the wiring is a hassle, and its standard length on the dro so they will just be hanging there.. I mounted the thing on the on/off box cuz it was easy to drill and thread rather than the cast iron, didnt wanna poke more holes in the casting than needed too.

Up and down. So on the backside of the table drive box i poked two holes just above the gearbox. And mounted the bracket. The slide is mounted on the hold "stops" way in existing holes and double sided tape of the 120kg/cm kind.. So its fixed with 2 screws and tape..

Back and forth. here is the reader stationary and the scale is moving, same goes screwed into existing holes and taped.

Left and right. This was a hassle.. Had to make a hole, but utilised the groove so i only made one hole of a larger type. The blocks are then milled for slip, and then tig welded into place. I suck at welding aluminium and i will not say anything else.. *check that blob out* Doing it like this i didnt have to conjour up some strange way of mounting the scale below the table. Mainly cuz i have the old "micro scale" but not the instruments for the table.. Its repuporposed as a scale once more. =)
Machinery: Optimum D320x920, Optimum BF20L, Aciera F3. -- I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. http://www.roughedge.se/blogg/