Author Topic: Portable Mini Vice  (Read 2249 times)

Offline Meldonmech

Portable Mini Vice
« on: November 12, 2013, 12:30:18 PM »
Hi Guys

Well it has come to the time of year where it's almost impossible to work outside, and when we have a rare nice day, I make sure I have finished patterns in the pipe line to enable me to do a bit of work in the foundry, which in my case is the garage forecourt.  On the remaining days I think OK I,ll spend the day in the workshop, but when I open the door and step inside it's so dam cold I think to myself, I need the heat on, switch on those fan  heaters, then are you sure. Just had a letter from Eon dual fuel estimate forecast for next 12 months £ 2000, W0W!! Right I' ll work indoors, good job I made that portable mini vice, and that's where I am today.
             I made this vice to fix to a work top, or kitchen table depending what I'm making, I sometimes use a square of hard board to cover the surface, and news paper to cover the floor beneath.  I have managed to reach this stage of female acceptance,  by initially having time to work on jobs she has on my to do list, when it's cold and wet weather, so its now established.  Well must go now set up the vice and fix that loose handle on the bread knife.    Cheers   David