The Shop > Finishing

Home Anodizing Bench

<< < (8/9) > >>

j_hobbyist:
Tom,

Great idea.  I like the basic overview and the video of how you use the table, it's inspirational. 

Can you please post more pictures of how the wiring in the box that contains the PIDs and the SSRs is connected?  Maybe a wiring diagram or schematic?

Thank you

TLGriff:
Thanks.

I would be glad to post some pics of the inside, but would rather not publish a schematic. I'm a machinist, not an E.E., and since there are lethal voltages inside, I'll provide a description of what I did, but leave the wiring up to you. Basically, the SSR's are in series with the resistance heaters in the tanks and are switched by 110V through the PID's. The selector switches are also on the "coil" side so I can select only the heaters I need to use for the dyes. The sealer tank has its own PID and because it's used all the time, there is no selector switch. There is also a 110V outlet on the back for the air pump and the power supply and the whole shebang is turned on with a switch on the front panel. There is a lot more detail in the original build thread over on Metalworking Fun. You can check it out here.

Tom

Allen16323:
Can we get a link to the heating elements?  Can't find some fitting  bill

TLGriff:
I'm  pretty sure that would be ebay.com. Not sure if they are still there or not.

Tom

Allen16323:
Finding them but all of them aren't raw ends, they all have a flange or socket socket of socket of some sort.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version