Author Topic: Quick Change Tool Post  (Read 6791 times)

Offline morgan

Quick Change Tool Post
« on: September 20, 2013, 01:11:49 PM »
Hey Guys,

This is the first time posting a topic here, but I figured why not. I just finished making a 'Norman Patent Style' Quick Change Tool Post based on George Carlson's plans the other day. I put together a step by step video of the build below. Definitely let me know what you think - overall it turned out quite nice ( I think at least ) and I used my homemade Gingery Lathe to do all the lathe work on it.

Cheers,
Morgan
http://morgandemers.com

Online tom osselton

Re: Quick Change Tool Post
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 01:49:53 PM »
Nice project that will make it a lot easyer!  nice video too.

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 03:13:10 PM »
Hi Morgan
                   You will find this addition to your lathe a great asset, I have seen this tool post with multiple tool holders to make it even more versatile. Your tool post is very robust and should improve your surface finish. On your test piece I would advise using a center in the end, it appears you have a little wobble. Did you make your own castings for the lathe?

Cheers David

Offline SwarfnStuff

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 04:36:23 AM »
Thanks Morgan, Another project added to my ever increasing To Do list. Actually it's been there a while, life and other machine mods get in the way. Plus I need to make up my mind just which QCTP to make. Too many good ones but this does seem an easy but good one. Great Video too.
Thanks again for posting.

John B
Converting good metal into swarf sometimes ending up with something useful. ;-)