Author Topic: Bridgeport quill feed  (Read 3344 times)

Offline ChriX

• My wiki
Bridgeport quill feed
« on: August 11, 2013, 04:48:05 AM »
Hi all, hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction. Had the (fully working) power quill feed engaged in the down direction on my BP when someone pulled the normal quill handle, I assume quite hard as it won't have moved easily. There was a crunching sound and now the down feed doesn't work, however up is still fine. It seems to engage and start rotating but then slips out. Any hints on where to start?

Chris

Offline Mayhem

• purveyor of mischief
Re: Bridgeport quill feed
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 08:33:03 AM »
There is a bevel gear for up and one for down.  Perhaps the down one has lost some teeth.  This site has the exploded diagram, in which both are marked 50 Feed Reverse Bevel Gear. 

Part 68 (Reverse Trip Ball Lever) is a common item that fails on these but I would suspect that the feed would still work, it just wouldn't cut off.  However, as this is a (fairly) easy item to check, you may want to look there first.  Check out this thread

There is plenty of info out there and manuals too.  I have a Kondia FV-1 which is a BP copy and used what I found for BP's until I found a Kondia manual.