Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Rounding Over Jig

<< < (2/8) > >>

Bourne Bill:
looks good to me, but I think I would have threaded the pivot pin, so you could make different size pins for different things that need to be rounded over...... hope that makes sense.........

Bernd:
I worked on the round over jig today. I made the plug to fit in the clamp plate, plus I cut 1/4-20 threads on the end of a piece of steel for the pin, plus nut and washers. Here's a pic of all the materials.

Here are all the parts assembled on the round over jig.

While I was working on all the above and unbeknown to me the UPS driver was here and left a package for me.

Low and behold it's my 10" (254mm) dia. rotary table and a free present.

And here it is on the machine.

Now the dilemma. Do I use the round over jig or the rotary. I know Bogs said "you built it, now use it". I will but I decided I wasn't going to use it on a piece that has taken me several days to make. So as soon as it warms up to room temp and I put some oil in the table, plus I need to make some T-nuts to be able to hold the parts.

Stay tuned as the saga continues.

Bernd

Darren:
I would love to see you use your own jig Bernd, but I'd probably feel the same way having spent so many hours working on this part.

Sooooo,,,,,,,up to you mate, I know what I would do  :ddb:

Divided he ad:
Nice tool you built there Bernd..... As John said " You made it, you gotta use it!!"     :dremel:    :whip: 
Just one thing... Don't you need a recess for the cuttig tool to drop through/into? Else you will not get right to the bottom of the workpiece... Or were you planning on turning it over?

Well that's a very nice looking hat you got there.... and a free rotary table too!! Not a bad deal.... These hats can be quite expensive without the free gift to take the edge off the price!  :)

Well.... Talk about a dilema.... I'd at least make a mock shape to prove your jig works  :thumbup:   

Then if your still edgy, use the RT..... Well that's my opinion anyhow :)

Looking forward to seeing the work and result either way  :thumbup:

Ralph.

sbwhart:
Hi Bernd

Quite a choice you've got there,  :scratch: I take it each ends got a radius, if it has do a judgment of Solaman do one with each bit of kit they  :wave:

Cheers

Stew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version