Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Rounding Over Jig

<< < (8/8)

bogstandard:
You've finally got there Bernd, feels good dunnit?

Now to try it out.

I am still a bit undecided whether I want to make one of these. I will have a look at how your bits turn out, then decide.

Nice one.

Bogs

cedge:
Way to go Bernd!!  Interesting to see Marv's original idea go through a few design modifications.
 Nice to see your take on the idea. I like the long arms you used on the clamps.
Steve

Bernd:

--- Quote from: bogstandard on April 14, 2009, 05:08:04 PM ---You've finally got there Bernd, feels good dunnit?

--- End quote ---

Oh ya feels real good.  :ddb:  :ddb:  :ddb:  :ddb:

--- Quote ---Now to try it out.

--- End quote ---

That's next on the agenda. I'm thinking of just taking a bit of ali or brass and rounding over an end to get the feel, so to speak, of the tool.

--- Quote ---I am still a bit undecided whether I want to make one of these. I will have a look at how your bits turn out, then decide.

Nice one.

Bogs

--- End quote ---

I see this as nothing but a faster way, or should I say, easier way of rounding a part than using a filing button and a file.

And thanks for the compliment.

Bernd

Bernd:
I'll have to give Marv the credit for the idea. what I didn't like about his was that you needed to take the whole table out of the vise to change the center post of you wanted. With mine you just untighten the screw and you can change the center.

I'm a little leary of the holding power of those arms. It doesn't take much pressure to move them. I still need to cut them back a bit. They interfer with the centering post.

Already have a second design in my mind for the next set of arms if these don't work out. First I need to give this a try before I can make a call weather it will work OK or not.

Bernd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version