The Shop > Our Shop

workshop insulation ?(& shop build diary)

<< < (2/9) > >>

HS93:
this is the product, I have some samples of it, remarkable stuff, well worth the price because of the space saved,

Peter

http://www.just-insulation.com/super10.html

ja2on:

--- Quote from: HS93 on March 09, 2009, 06:18:47 PM ---this is the product, I have some samples of it, remarkable stuff, well worth the price because of the space saved,

Peter

http://www.just-insulation.com/super10.html

--- End quote ---

"equivalent of 210mm of mineral wool"  :bugeye: blimey

John Hill:
If you are worried about knocking holes in the plaster board just put thin ply on top of it from bench height up 60cm or so (i.e. half a sheet width).  That will save the plaster board where you are most likely to bump it and will give something to fix light stuff to.  Just an idea.

While I think of it, how about putting some extra dwangs in so that you have more horizontals to fix hanging stuff to?

bogstandard:

--- Quote ---My concern with plaster board was that I would knock holes in it as I am a clumsy bloke sometimes 
--- End quote ---

Holes in walls!!!!

Methinks you will only be playing at it.

This was mine during a recent refurb

The rest of the place was like that. I use the metal screw in plasterboard plugs, and this is what it looks like after you have used them like I do, then decide to move things around.

People can't believe how much weight I have hanging on my 12mm plasterbard walls, just using these screws. I have no backing woodwork, so all I can use is the plasterboard itself, and everything is solid (well almost, but will be as soon as I get some metal bracing between shelves).

If you have holes in plasterboard, just stick a bit of filler in and cover it up. It is not as though it is in your living room. The walls will soon get filthy anyway.

John

ja2on:

Thanks for everybody's input  :thumbup:

For cost reasons it will have to be rockwooll the other solutions sound good but will leave me skint for to long
and unable to enjoy the workshop

plaster board it is then John any objection to the foil backed variety's of plasterboard ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version