Author Topic: belt sander re fit  (Read 6543 times)

Offline krv3000

belt sander re fit
« on: May 03, 2013, 06:18:33 PM »
hi all i went and pad robwilson a visit and i got a gift a belt sander thank you so much rob but as you all no by gnaw wont's its in my hands it soon ends in bits in all the sander is OK but their was things that i did not like so i started to put sum of the things right the first thing was the grad that covered the belt drive was off center and the bottom pulley was caching the cover esey fix well it ended up a lot more my intention was to cut out a hole in the bottom cover and put a cap over the hole well i needed something bigger by the time i got it figured out i needed a bigger cover (DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU NO WAT YOU IS DOWNING )the cover is a bottom of a spray can the can was already empty so all that needed to be dun was to vent the can (DO THIS BIT OUT SIDE AND WELL VENTILATED) get something sharp to Peirce the can at don't mater where you put the hole as long as you is wearing goggles once the can was empty i cut the bottom off with me dremel so the gnaw dome cover was soldered on and the cover given a cote of primer pics

Offline krv3000

Re: belt sander re fit
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 06:26:04 PM »
then i notist the big problem it had bin fited with a new motor wich was all to pot i had to move the motor mawnting plate and i welded in 4 bolts for the motor to fit on to i gave the motor a repant and repanted the hole thing i then fited new manse leed and put it all back together it runs sweet as a nut right pics

Offline micktoon

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 06:56:42 PM »
Looking good Bob , do you have the side disc for it ? , I might have something lying around that would do the job if not  :thumbup:

Cheers Mick

Offline krv3000

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 10:55:17 AM »
hi mick i have the disc sanding part for it mick but i wood love a nuther tabel as the one that i got with it is geting used on the belt as that is in the up posishon   

Rob.Wilson

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 01:43:51 PM »
Looking good Bob ,,,,,,,,,New your just the bloke to sort that machine out  :thumbup:

have you ran out of blue paint ? :lol: :lol:

Rob

Offline NormanV

• United Kingdom
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 02:37:35 PM »
Looking good.
I bought a new belt and disc sander similar to yours and found a design fault. The switch was next to the disc sander and after painfully sanding my finger tips (and drawing blood) a couple of times, when reaching for the switch, I removed the sanding pad and can only now use it as a belt sander which rather defeats the object of having both a disc and a belt.
Norman

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 03:11:49 PM »
Move the switch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline krv3000

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 03:21:38 PM »
the swich on mine is at the frunt no wher near the sanding bits no rob i still have a tin full

Offline NormanV

• United Kingdom
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 03:50:31 PM »
Move the switch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shouldn't have to on a new machine

Offline micktoon

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 03:51:29 PM »
Hi Bob , sorry no table mate , the disc is a Picador disc , I think in the days where people bought various bits and made their own machines out of them, I will keep my eyes out for table on my travels.
  Cheers Mick.

Offline Fredbare

• Fakenham, Norfolk
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 03:54:00 PM »
Great job again Bob, and fine pics.

John

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 02:26:18 AM »
Hi Bob

Nice job on the mods and restoration, going to save a lot of filing.

Cheers David