Author Topic: Pet hates!  (Read 13067 times)

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
Re: Pet hates!
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 03:48:09 PM »
the wife when she must go shopin right that minit im convinst she nose what once you hav started sumthing its hard to stop aspshely when you is on the loo

Then she stands by the door. Waiting...... Tutting/ sighing/ foot tapping........ "Why does it always take you so long??  :bugeye: :bang: :bang:

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline Swarfing

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 03:53:59 PM »
When you just worked out how you are going to do it. Set the machine up, get the material on, switch on and she pops her head round the door and says "how long you going to be?"
Once in hole stop digging.

Offline garym

• Manchester, England
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 05:41:59 PM »
My next door neighbour's tree, whose roots are gradually undermining my workshop/garage.  :( The roots have cracked the concrete base in half and there seems to be little I can do about it. Neighbour is quite a pleasant, placid fellow but is in his seventies and doesn't see anything wrong with it. I should add that the tree was there before the garage.

Gary
Workshop activity resumes now ankle improving :-)

Offline Swarfing

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 06:02:54 PM »
Find the nearest roots on your side and bag a bunch a of copper nails in. After a few week/ months....Oh! dear your tree has died??????
Once in hole stop digging.

Offline Bluechip

• Madmodder Committee
  • Derbyshire UK
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 06:59:56 PM »
My next door neighbour's tree, whose roots are gradually undermining my workshop/garage.  :( The roots have cracked the concrete base in half and there seems to be little I can do about it. Neighbour is quite a pleasant, placid fellow but is in his seventies and doesn't see anything wrong with it. I should add that the tree was there before the garage.

Gary

There's quite a lot you can do about it. It constitutes a nuisance. You can require him to prevent it continuing.

Send a letter to him telling him to rectify the situation or you will get a contractor to do what is needed and will send him the bill.

I suppose I could get a mate of mine to give you chapter and verse re: His tree roots, but as his antics cost him about £3500 in the end, I don't suppose he's finished sulking yet ...  :lol:

No sympathy ...

Dave BC
I have a few modest talents. Knowing what I'm doing isn't one of them.

Offline garym

• Manchester, England
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 07:10:00 PM »
Hi Swarfing,

The garage is right up to the boundary and the tree about a metre away. I'd considered pouring some sort of weedkiller down the crack in the floor to see if I could kill the roots doing the damage but thought that I might make the tree unstable. As it's about 12 metres high and the prevailing wind would blow it onto the garage I thought it better to live with the crack. I'm hoping that they might move out eventually as anyone buying the house would almost certainly remove the offending tree and the one next to it as they occupy about a third of their garden.

Gary
Workshop activity resumes now ankle improving :-)

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 07:25:00 PM »

I suppose I could get a mate of mine to give you chapter and verse re: His tree roots, but as his antics cost him about £3500 in the end, I don't suppose he's finished sulking yet ...  :lol:

No sympathy ...

Dave BC

Dave BC

That could make an interesting story, please do tell us more.

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Divided he ad

• WARNING: LIKES SHINEY THINGS
  • The Collective
  • Between Chester, Wrexham, ruthin & Holywell :-)
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 08:13:57 PM »
As of today PHOTOBUCKET has hit my number 1 annoyance position!

They're about to force everyone into the "new" version. Note: this is not "better" version!

This morning I was going to write a post on a little something I just finished. I uploaded 130 pictures (as you do)

The super doopa new version has the carpiest "organise" feature I've ever seen!  You can't adjust the pic's into chronological or numerical order. They were all over the place!   
This feature, one I would insist is a required one on an image posting site. Is "not available at this time"  :scratch:  :bang: 

Oh, no. But there is a feature called "my stories" ... Really?? Are they trying to make it some sort of social networking doofor?

Talk about morons!!! Who forces millions of people into a program that is no where near ready to run?  :doh:   :loco:

PHOTOBUCKET.... That's who!!  :wack:   :wack:  I really can't tell you how annoyed I was this morning, (it would contain almost pure asterisks! )
I was shouting at the computer and all that stuff!  :(

Rant over....  :med:

Dek,  :lol:  Fair enough. Just thought it might have been due to posts from earlier  :)

Don, I have seen a few of those posts.... Is it lack of knowledge about copying little bits of the original post? Suppose it can take a while to get used to some of the tools provided.
I know it took me a few months to figure some bits out fully   :)

Rob..... Go on I forgot  :palm:  What's the definition of a jig then?  (I did recall the fixture being the work holding device  :) )

Ralph.

I know what I know and need to know more!!!

Offline sparky961

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 02:30:44 AM »
The use of the term jig when  describing  a work holding device when it should be fixture :bang:

YES, that's a good one!  I don't know how many times I get this at work.  EVERYTHING is a "jig" there. ARGH!

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 03:25:53 AM »
Find the nearest roots on your side and bag a bunch a of copper nails in. After a few week/ months....Oh! dear your tree has died??????

I've heard that "cure", over very many years.

Does it actually work? Or, is it just another urban myth.......  :scratch:

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!