Author Topic: Questions about a Super 7 bed.  (Read 2503 times)

Offline caskwith

Questions about a Super 7 bed.
« on: December 23, 2012, 05:03:34 AM »
I have come into a bed for a super 7. Firstly is Myford still giving out information on serial numbers now that they are owned by RDG? I had some helpful info a few years back but have not had any delaing since the buyout.
Also does anyone know the approximate vaue of a bed in good condition? I have no intention to sell as I want it as a spare so I can make modifications to the bed on my lathe and still be able to restore to factory conditions if needed but should things change it would be nice to know a value if I need to raise funds. The bed appears to be in very good condition and since there is still original paint covered the foot mounting holes I would say it is unused though it has aquired a few small dings and scratches from storage/transport over the years. Nothing that would cuase any problems though and certainly far better than any second hand lathe bed I have seen.

Offline caskwith

Re: Questions about a Super 7 bed.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 03:18:13 PM »
Anyone?

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 04:40:21 PM »
You are not going to like this but the value is scrap value or just above unless you can get a buyer.
Reason I say this is a guy called Jim Marshall buys Myfords to strip and sell the spares but no one wants beds and too heavy to ship.

I bought 80 beds off him to see if I could sell them to Myfords for reclaiming, Myfords didn't want to know, they had a surplus of beds based on how many they were producing. The new Myfords [ RDG ] aren't producing and they still have this surplus of beds.

Finished all scrapping all 80.
John Stevenson

Offline caskwith

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 03:25:06 AM »
That isn't a problem, like I said in the original post my intention is not to sell I just want to have the bits on hand should I need to sell my lathe as the modifications made to the bed for fitting DRO's etc may put some people off, having a spare bed should help me sell the lathe at a fair price (I hope  :thumbup:)

Do you mind me asking what scrap price was for a bed? I have no way to weigh something of this size.