Author Topic: Steinel Mill, SV4 Ser# 1,000  (Read 7515 times)

Offline Its Me

Steinel Mill, SV4 Ser# 1,000
« on: November 06, 2012, 09:41:22 PM »
this is one of my toys, its a Steinel Vertical mill SV4 Serial # 1000 if memory serves me correct, I bought it here is the states (USA) did some serious cleaning and paint, had the wheels chromed, I only know that it is from Germany, when I took it apart the serial number was on each piece, its a fine machine, maybe some one knows something about it, will post other machines later, got the machines and like to restore them but still not a good machinist,   It's Me.

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Steinel Mill, SV4 Ser# 1,000
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 09:59:25 PM »
Its Me

That is a fine looking machine. Perhaps some of the members will be familiar with it

You may want to increase the size of your photo's a bit. We usually find that about 640 x 480 up to 800 x 600 is a good size that works well for most members. If you need any help, just ask and we will do what we can for you.

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Beinhart

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 04:52:00 AM »
Hello,

fine machine. I have a Steinel SH4, which is the horizontal type. Most parts are similar or the same.
If you need more information on your mill, try asking MÜGA http://www.muega.de/en/steinel.php?site=service, some employees of former Steinel company still do some services for the old machines. I've heard from some other guys, that they have manuals (probably only in german) and do know, when your machine was built.

Joachim

Offline ksor

• Turn off the TV - life ain't replayed !
    • Keld's hjemmeside
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 07:48:32 AM »
Oh, what a nice peace of equipment - very nice indeed ! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Best regards
KSor, Denmark
Skype name: keldsor

Offline Its Me

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 09:30:23 PM »
Joachim, Thanks for some information, you have a real nice looking machine like real nice, I reall like mine, it will eat some metal, all I know that it is from Germany and was here in America at a ship yard in Port Author Texas, I might send them a picture of it just to show them at they are alive and well, thanks again, don't get your dirty.