Author Topic: the ever lasting cordeles drill refit  (Read 3838 times)

Offline krv3000

the ever lasting cordeles drill refit
« on: October 28, 2012, 07:14:53 PM »
hi all i got this of john i love thes they never go flat you can use them in the wet  and will always work in all the drill is in good order just a bit taty with its age ferley strat fower to dismantel 1 scruw 1 pin and its in bits  the chuck neded a refit as two of its jaws was broken i had a simeler type of chuck but the threds wher difrent so i cud not do a simpel chuck swop but the jaws are the same so scrubed up the old chuck and fited the jaws of the other chuck then klend up the two bigest parts for panting no its not yelow its oringe just with me lights it looks that its yelow the top tip i can give any one on panting things like this is to wame the parts up befor panting not to hot just wame when you put the pant on it will for a beter word for it run and you will not have any brush marks in the pant  right pics

Offline Kjelle

Re: the ever lasting cordeles drill refit
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 02:23:31 AM »
That's a nice one!!
My wife would call it "a drill that works on coffe and sanwiches"!

Good job!!

Kjelle

Offline Pete49

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 10:08:18 PM »
Got me  :bugeye: I thought it may be a rewire of a cordless that the battery had died on. I did that with my 9v Ryobi as the batteries where too dear so I now run it off a 12v bike battery with a cig lighter socket so I can run it from the car if need be. Works real good ...much better than originally
Pete
oops..........oh no.........blast now I need to redo it

Offline krv3000

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 07:17:56 PM »
hi all i have had a full day in me workshop and finisht the hand drill off pics

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 09:19:31 PM »
Nice rescue, Bob  :thumbup: .

I've got two hand drills myself, and sometimes use them to get into places where pistol-shaped power drills won't fit. 

Also useful for rough work, where you want to enlarge a centre pop a bit  before applying a power drill.

Andy
Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 04:18:06 AM »
Nice refurb, I have six of these which are in regular use. Five are permanently chucked, with 1/8 drill, 3/16 drill, countersink,
center drill, and no 8 pilot/clearance/countersink drill. The last I leave empty. These drills are great, give so much more control than power tools. All have been refurbed, most 2nd hand ones have been neglected. They have saved me hours of work.

Cheers  David