Peck Drill

<< < (12/12)

Divided he ad:
Does as it should...  :dremel:

Nice tune there Scott  :headbang: 

Ralph.

SPiN Racing:
Thanks guys!

The tune was from the middle of "La Villa Strangiato" from the album "Hemispheres".. by the three man band Rush. Actually one of my fav tunes from them.  Im a fan of the era of Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures.

SO I have been thinking of a problem with the peck drill.... 
Bigger High Torque drilling.. I get a bit of chatter before the bit bites, and starts to drill.

Watching the clips you will notice that the chuck rotates slightly when it engages. This is because of a slight amount of slop in the joint between the handle and the shaft.
I think I am going to have to take her apart, and add a bush between the sides of the handle, and take that slack out of her. That might prevent any sort of chatter when starting a bigger hole.

Divided he ad:
Scott,

I have also noticed the slight rotation, never really issued me because I only use it on very small drills, but I think I have the same picture in my head about the bush of which you speak  :med:

I'll have to do such one day.... But, Model shows come first ehh!!?   :D

Ralph.

SPiN Racing:
But of course!!!

I was out there tonight making shavings.. and the bushing never entered my mind.. LOL

I was cutting up the 32" long tool steel bar I cut a nice long dovetail in....  :D

Then milled one side true.. and now I need to make a Bogs Mill/Vice stop.....

Oh and had my youngest get out the engine stand, and clear off the junk on the side of his 13B engine, and mount the stand head to it... Gonna let him disassemble it tomorrow.

:proj:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version