Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Peck Drill

(1/12) > >>

SPiN Racing:
Evening/Morning Everyone..

I figure I should start to chronicle this build, as its taking longer.. and is more involved.. and actually might be useful to others LOL.

The basis of the drill im making if from Ralphs peck drill he made, for doing tiny holes in things.
Mine is a bit larger, so I took his design, and used what I had available.. and sized things for my needs.. (I think)

I have some cad drawings I drew up basing things on Ralphs design.. but I have deviated a bit already.. so they are not really relevant anymore. LOL
Look at Ralphs video to see how its done correctly  :headbang:

In essence.. its based on a 1..75" diameter piece of Stainless.. with a steel shaft that is .65" that slides inside, and will ahve a handle the same as Ralphs did coming out the top.

Body of the peck drill

Facing it

Boring the Hole after Milling the slot (Video CLip to follow)

Turning the .75 Shaft down to .64. What a bear to get that damn thing true.. WOW. Now I know why they grind shafts.

Getting ready to round the shaft end.. (Yes John.. I DO get some little swirl marks from the cap screws.. I took this pic for you.. cause you had asked.  :thumbup: )

Video clip to follow.. will try to condense it some so its not forever long.

SPiN Racing:
Added a Video!!!!

Yep made it up... tried to do a little.. something.. Nicer than the standard Grrrr machine noise.. machine part... stop video.

Anyhow here it is. (It it being processed as of 11:25 PM EST)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLTTpLa0q-I

sbwhart:
Great Job Scot  :thumbup:

You get a great buzz when you use a home made tool to make more tools, as they say tools make tools. :whip:

Enjoyed the video  :clap: I'll have to get to grips with that skill. I think I'll nominate yours for a Mad Modder Oscar. :ddb:

Have fun

Stew

Divided he ad:
Nice!  Glad the drawings were of some use!..... It looks like your getting there pretty quickly to me  :dremel:

Stainless too!!! You like to have fun then!  :bugeye: 

I never took video of my build, just a few photo's (I wasn't on any forums when I built it  :(.....  :)  )

So Stew.... This guys  :ddb:  name is officially  M.M.Oscar then? Sounds like a rapper!!!    :lol:   Still..... Think it might stick!?

Looking forward to seeing the rest Scott  :thumbup:

Ralph.

Stilldrillin:
Nice one Scot!  :clap:

I enjoyed that.....  :thumbup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version