Home Base > Introductions

You can blame John a.k.a bogstandard for me being here!

(1/3) > >>

John Hill:
 :beer:  John gave me some good advice on another site when my lather first arrived and I followed him here!

I have a modest workshop in New Zealand but practically no experience to go with it.  My most recent acquisition has been a lathe from the Great Chinese Generic Lathe Company, it looks like this one

So far I have made on it:

1. a left hand thread on a piece of water pipe (that was a mistake, it should have been RH!)
2. a morse taper and mandrel from an old Isuzu half shaft.
3. a adapter to connect my Pentax camera to a 500mm f1:4 Sigma mirror lens
4. a few buckets of swarf.

sbwhart:
Hi John

John directed me to this site via Chester, glad he did, some real good chaps her very helpfull lots of fun.

:mmr:

Ask questions, Answer Questions, Have your leg pulled, Pull a few legs and don't forget

:worthless:

Cheers

:wave:

Divided he ad:
Hi John and Welcome   :wave:

We blame John for lots of things.... Showing people the way is just one of them  :lol:

I've seen one of those generic lathes somewhere before..... Can't quite remember where!!!!!

I like the sound of the camera lens adapter..... I'm interested in pic's of that one and as you may already know  :worthless:    :)

Buckets of swarf..... Cool, I've made a few of those too in recent years.... I have two polished ones on display on my 'shop floor  :thumbup: 

Have fun, and please do take the time to share your project pictures.

Ralph.

Ha.... Stew hit the send button first!!!

Oh and the pic's banner, it's just fun.... Start another thread for your pic's in the gallery at your leasure  :thumbup:

Bernd:
We blame Bog's for everything weather he does it or not.  :D

Glad you followed John here. I'm sure you'll like it. We have a light air about us here and love to  :poke: at each other to past the time of day.

But there are rules and I see you've followed the first rule:  :worthless:

The second rule is that you will get  :proj:

And you need to pass this  :mmr: on to others of the same interest so they will follow. The collective is watching you.  :borg:

Oh, one other rule all  :offtopic: subjects are to go HERE Which is manditory reading.  :lol:

Again a warm welcome John.

I see I got beat posting a welcome again, darn.

Regards,
Bernd

John Hill:
Thanks for the welcome guys! 

I can see now I have a challenge to post a picture of something impressive. :scratch:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version