Author Topic: Hello from Norfolk England  (Read 3098 times)

Offline MadsHattr

Hello from Norfolk England
« on: August 06, 2012, 10:17:06 AM »
Hello Everyone, My name is Kenny and I've been registered for a long time, thought I would just look till I had something worthwhile to offer but, a question has come first. I have a small workshop that I built when I had to give up working full time many years ago. I have always had the need to make, even if it's just a mess. Tools are a collection of a lifetime of 'I really need one of those' I used to make Big things in farm workshop but now I make things and repair things I can move myself. I've got a Granville lathe that was made the year I was born, 1953 and a sx2 mill from couple of years ago which has been slightly modded, and the usual collection of sanders, drills and grinders etc. A friend and I have just refubished a little Isel xyz drill as an engraver cum router which is where the question comes in so I'll shut up for now and go write and see if I can post pictures.

Kenny

Offline saw

• lucky amateur
    • Svenssons AckordsWerkstad
Re: Hello from Norfolk England
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 11:25:24 AM »
Hi Kenny and welcomme to us  :wave:

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 11:28:48 AM »
Hi Kenny

Welcome to the collective :borg:

What do you get up to in your shop?

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline MadsHattr

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 12:11:56 PM »
Over the years the workshop has been used for allsorts Eric. Toymaking and wood turning when I was first out of work and trying to earn what I could untill the imports were selling for less than I could buy wood. Hobbies when my son was still living at home, radio control cars and boats, designing and making, i.c. and electric. Latest with a friend, a nearly finished 1/6 scale BP F1 tunnel hull from the last century;-), still designing and making outboard drive for Zenoah 2stroke engine. Repairing and modifying motor cycles and cars. Latest modifying my Suzuki 4x4 for RTV trials, suspension and making front and rear bumpers. Rebuilt new SX2 mill fitting belt drive gas strutt on Z axis, dro and stepper motor on X axis, not much strength in my hands and arms for winding. CNC next the mill next then my lathe, oldest cnc lathe in Norfolk? I have a young friend who comes to Wshop 2 or 3 times a week and keeps me going, my ideas never stop but my body and motivation are weak. Better stop now, I'm sorry didn't mean to write a novel. I've been known as Madhatter for years now, don' know why :ddb:

Regards, Kenny

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My Photo website
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 04:40:35 PM »
Hi there Kenny :wave: Welcome to Madmodder  :mmr:

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe  -  MI0TME

Offline krv3000

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 02:24:02 AM »
hi jump in and have fun

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 08:11:38 PM »
... Better stop now, I'm sorry didn't mean to write a novel.

Nah! Tell us more... it sounds like you have done/are doing some really cool stuff.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.