Author Topic: Bookbinding  (Read 2998 times)

Rob.Wilson

Bookbinding
« on: July 15, 2012, 04:40:43 AM »
Hi Lads , any of you lot ever done or are doing bookbinding ? 

Rob

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Re: Bookbinding
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 10:48:00 AM »
Haven't did anything in years, shortly after they stopped illuminating manuscripts!  :lol:  If you are looking for info on do it yourself repair. Here is what I book marked book preservation The wording for info on google can be a pain some times. And supplies are in the lists of other searches at the bottom of the page.
Unles you are really getting in to it and have a stitching horse for sewing the signatures together. A couple of ply wood strips and the wooden parallel type  wood clamps work well. as you need to keep the pressure along the total length of the spine so the width is the same the whole length of it. There are enough vid's on u tube to drive a monk crazier than he is.
The photo's are of the last ones I did, They are for a friend that does a lot of clown shows that are themed towards schools and libraries and reading.  He has a book cart that he wheels in with them on it. They are all hollow so his props are in them and he uses one as a birthday book for the birthday parties he does.

This last one has a cut out for his hand/wrist so he can do the gag and pick the book in one smooth flowing motion.

"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen