The Breakroom > The Water Cooler

Now what do I do with all these??

<< < (2/2)

Divided he ad:
John S,  :wave: Glad to see your still watching  :)  The bricks are of yet undetermined type..... But now I know I'm looking, I'll test and report back  :thumbup:

Stew,  Useful suggestions. Problem 1/ The glass bowl has a hole in it! Problem 2/ you need to know what you have in order to e-blag it succesfully!!  ::)

Bog's,   Mesh is yours, I'll bring you some when I visit next  :thumbup:  Oh, and the latches too if you have a use for them?  :)

Darren,

Well there's a lot to take in and process!!

size, approx 3"square width and depth and 6" tall..... Bloody heavy too!!

What are 6V taps?

The switch over solenoid sounds interesting.... How could I employ it in my day to day activities?.... Does this mean wind turbine?  :scratch:

I can see this will need more discussion.... I may be on a trip to the vallies with a back seat full of stuff !!!??

Gonna do some searching to see what I can find out.....  (more pictures of attractive ladies who know nothing about the subject I'm searching for I suppose!!  :doh: )

Ralph.

Bernd:

--- Quote from: Divided he ad on February 01, 2009, 09:03:00 PM ---Gonna do some searching to see what I can find out.....  (more pictures of attractive ladies who know nothing about the subject I'm searching for I suppose!!  :doh: )

Ralph.

--- End quote ---

Ooooo I want the pictures of the lovely lasses. Yes?

Bernd

Darren:
Ralph I'll expand if it helps,

Firstly they are designed for 115V mains, so in the UK the primaries of both transformers need to be wired in series.
(2x115=230, near enough to our 240V mains)
Output is 700V, further adjusted up or down with the 170, 10, 10, windings as required.
(700 + 170 = 870 + 10 = 880 + 10 = 890 Volts,     or      700 -170 = 530 Volts etc   jumble the connections around to get the voltage you need)
All low current in the order of ma (milli amps)

The three 6V taps are quite powerful as needed for many valve heaters.
(a tap is a winding, sort of. If you take one winding and tap it off part way (make a connection) you have a lower voltage of the original winding. Autoformers do this (a type of voltage reducing transformer)

Now then, that change over switch solenoid. Perfect for someone with a second mains power source. Flick second power source on and the relay would disconnect from the grid mains supply and connect to the secondary supply.

If you can use it then use it, if you can't I prob know someone that can.... :thumbup:

Nice bit of kit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version