Author Topic: Heck its bright  (Read 4638 times)

Offline Scuba1

Heck its bright
« on: October 27, 2011, 02:39:51 PM »
I went for my eye test yesterday in prep for Laser eye surgery on Tuesday and they put some drops in my eyes. I think it was washing up liquid as it stung a bit but it dilates the pupils and the stuff lasts for 2 to 3 days. It was a bit weird riding to work on the bike this morning at 0600 from Bedford to Oxford with the glare of the rain and eyes like night vision goggles. Even at work in the workshop I could not look at the strip lights and turned the light on the lathe off. Roll on tuesday when I can bin my glasses.

Atb

Michael

Offline hermetic

Re: Heck its bright
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 03:58:22 PM »
I know exactly what you mean! I had cataracts in both eyes at 42 and had those eyedrops on several occasions, unfortunately laser eye surgery was not an option, but I had a really good result, still wear glasses, but despite a detached retina a couple of years after the second op, I am still working in engineering. best of luck with it!
Phyil/hermetic
Man who says it cannot be done should not disturb man doing it! https://www.youtube.com/user/philhermetic/videos?

Offline Fergus OMore

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 04:57:06 PM »

I had both cataracts done a few years ago. I had the toss up between distance or close up and settled to be free
 of specs   for driving and distances.
So I continue to wear  specs for reading and close work.
However, I'd been doing a lot of painting white walls at my villa in Spain and woke with black squares obscuring my vision.
Happily, I'm fit even at 80 ish and sought my wife who assured me that it was not something really nasty.
It was simply glare and my son's father in law has had exactly the same problem. We now wear sunglasses at any sign of bright sun.

Quite simply, enjoy your new found vision but be warned.

Offline Mike Cole

• Wallasey Wirral
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 10:14:13 AM »
Hi Michael
I had my eyes lasered many years ago, about 15 years. not perfect but binning the thick milk bottles i had to wear was fantastic.

Mike

Offline Scuba1

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 03:38:47 PM »
Hello, I can now see well enough to type this on the mini keyboard of my tablet andthe eyes feel fine now after a few hurs of feeling like winning the world onion peeling hampionship. In the dark there is still one heck of a glare when driving and the long distace vision is not to great as yet, but improving bit by bit. This morning when I put on a t shirt i tried to take my glasses off first but was not wearing any  :doh:

ATB

Michael

Offline daz

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 08:39:20 PM »
My mate (an IT fixer) had his eyes done last year, he used to wear glasses that were nearly half inch thick! He said that even a few hours after the procedure his sight was better, a year down the road and he swears it is the best money he has ever spent. I wish I had the nuts to let someone cut into my eyes while I was still awake but I just couldn't do itm
Daz
I'm not a complete idiot, some bits are missing!

Offline Scuba1

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 01:22:30 PM »
My mate (an IT fixer) had his eyes done last year, he used to wear glasses that were nearly half inch thick! He said that even a few hours after the procedure his sight was better, a year down the road and he swears it is the best money he has ever spent. I wish I had the nuts to let someone cut into my eyes while I was still awake but I just couldn't do itm
Daz

Daz, it is not as bad as you may think. If you have the actual cut done by laser as well and not manualy, all you feel is a little pressure from the cup they put on your eye to stop you from blinking. The laser that does the atual correction is invisible anyway and the worst thing is the onion eyes that you get for a few hours after the OP. But to be honest I have had worse when I welded using the wrong glass in the face shield, so that is no big thing either if you conside the bennefits you get afterwards from it. For me it is now 4 days down the line and close up I have 20/20 vision and the far away stuff will come with a bitof time once the cut in the eye heals. Would I do it again ??...... Yep 200% I would. Go for it DAz it is well worth it and only takes 2 minutes to do. If you have any questions about it, drop me a line and I will answer what I can from the angle that I have seen it ( there is a pun in there somewhere )  :beer:

ATB

Michael

Offline Mike Cole

• Wallasey Wirral
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 05:12:55 PM »
Have it done now , I must of been around 33 when i had it done and i had 15 years of no glasses. In the last 2 years I have  a pairof  glasses for longsightedness but i can go days without putting them on as I only just need them.
You will not regret having your eyes done.

Mike