Author Topic: past projects  (Read 10458 times)

Offline shipto

• Redditch, UK
past projects
« on: September 13, 2011, 05:30:24 PM »
I have posted a couple of my past projects on another site and hope I am not breaking any rules linking to them (feel free to delete this post if so)
First off I have to apologize for the way this first one looks but as I explain it was a rush job needed quickly.
morticer.
This one was mainly for fun and as proof it would work and even though this has produce less interest I feel it has the potental to be much more useful for people.
9500rpm induction motor mod
Will post more when i get pictures taken.
Turns out this life c**p is just one big distraction from death but a good one. For the love of god dont give yourself time to think.
https://myshedblog.wordpress.com/

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: past projects
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 11:06:41 PM »
Very nice. A tinkerer to be sure!

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline shipto

• Redditch, UK
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 02:54:47 PM »
Just a few more of my creations (will seperate them over a few posts). This first one I made when I started making my tall garden baskets. I wanted something to help with threading the bars and thought of this.
I did a search when I made this and couldn't find anything like it except for pipe threading tools. I did wonder if I could get a patent but abandoned that when I found out what was involved. However it was still in the back of my mind that someday I might sell the idea or maybe even churn them out to sell myself, so this is the first time I have shown the pictures of this to anyone.
Oh well enough trumpet blowing its basically a die-nut stock with a guide to ensure a nice straight thread.
They are made to suit one size only with the hole in the guide being slightly over size so it does not snag when cutting thread on possibly irregular bars.
the die-nut is set with a bolt of the size you want to cut adjusting it with the 3 bolts (in this picture at least grub screws would be better but I didnt have any the right size) until the stock runs smoothly up and down the thread.
There are holes to help the swarf to be cleared. one of these days I will get around to making some decent handles for it too.
The one shown here is for a M6 die-nut but I have also made one for a M12 to use with the baskets
Turns out this life c**p is just one big distraction from death but a good one. For the love of god dont give yourself time to think.

Offline shipto

• Redditch, UK
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 03:12:57 PM »
simple forge based on the gingery charcoal design, still need to make the lid and a crucible but have had to put it on hold for now, helping a friend extend his workshop.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 05:13:49 PM by shipto »

Offline saw

• lucky amateur
    • Svenssons AckordsWerkstad
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 05:07:47 PM »
Looking good  :beer:

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 02:18:17 AM »
Some great ideas there!  :thumbup: :clap: :clap:

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 10:33:45 AM »
Hi shipto,

Nice projects, folks I think we have an inventor among us.  :bow:

I built a Gingery furnace many years ago but never got around to casting anything. Did melt some aluminum. Still have the furnace. It's another one of those "Get-a-Roundtuit". :coffee:

Keep them project picture coming. As Tony the Tiger would say, "they'er great"

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline shipto

• Redditch, UK
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 01:59:04 PM »
your all too kind, thank you.

Rob.Wilson

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »
Hi  shipto  :wave:

Some very interesting projects  :clap: :clap:  ,,,,,, hopefully we may see that furnace finished one day  :poke: :poke: :poke: :)

Rob

Offline dickda1

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 02:35:27 PM »
shipto,

You are off to a fast start.  There is world (literally) of excellent ideas on this forum.

I assume that you used a castable refractory.  I built one quite some time ago with a ceramic blanket.  Thought that the lighter weight would be important - turned it was not.

-Dick
sunny (mostly) San Francisco, land of looney people, sane politics and occasional earthquakes.

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 04:24:59 PM »
Hi, Nice work! I missed your post in the Welcome forum, so, hello!!  :wave:   

Offline shipto

• Redditch, UK
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 06:36:51 PM »
shipto,

You are off to a fast start.  There is world (literally) of excellent ideas on this forum.

I assume that you used a castable refractory.  I built one quite some time ago with a ceramic blanket.  Thought that the lighter weight would be important - turned it was not.

-Dick
Yes just sand, cement and cat litter, does pretty well actually during the test burn (which you can see the remnants of in the pic) the outside stayed reasonably cool. well none of the paint burned of the side of the tub anyway and you could touch it without burns.