Home Base > Introductions

INTRO

(1/9) > >>

boxford-boy (Tony):
Hello everyone I am new using this sort of communication so please forgive me if I make mistakes. I am new to lathe work but hope to learn. I am not even certain if this is going to the right place. :scratch:

Darren:
Welcome Boxford-Boy, a real name would be good.

New to lathe work, new to forums as well?

Well yep I would hav to say that this would be a great place to start and hang out....many newbies here, inc me, as well as some very easy going old hands only too happy to share.

Talking of lathes, have you any idea yet as to what you'd like to make?

Don't forget, it's not just a lathe place, almost any modifying or machine work is welcome here.... :thumbup:

Brass_Machine:
1st welcome to the site.

You posted up in the correct board. Once you hang out for a bit, using a message board will become second nature. So you are new to using a lathe? No big deal, I am sure you will learn a lot from here. Of course, we are not all about machine tools here...

What are you interested in? Have you made or modified anything before?

Eric

Bernd:
Hi Boxford-boy, welcome to Madmodder.

Your in the right place if you have interest in anything. The guys here are more than happy to help in any way they can. And there are NO stupid questions, stupid answers maybe, but no stupid questions.  :)

There are several of us here that are some what capable to very capable in using a lathe. So any questions at all, fire away and somebody will pipe up and try to give an answer.  :wave:

Hey  :mmr: Welcome aboard.

Bernd

John-Som:
Hello Boxford Boy and welcome

I am a newbie here myself but I am sure like me you will feel very much at home in double quick time. You will find everyone is friendly and only too keen to help and advise you on your projects. I have only been a member here for two or three weeks but have learnt so much already. It certainly is true that the only foolish questions are the ones you don't ask !

I shall look forward to reading your future posts.

John S

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version