Author Topic: sumthing for the weekend  (Read 6474 times)

Offline krv3000

sumthing for the weekend
« on: July 17, 2011, 05:40:55 PM »
HI all I desided to mack a clock stand to fit in to the tool post of my lathe I can not youse a magnetic bace clock stand on my lathe as i had to mack a adapter plate to fit a compawn slide of a miford on to my lathe and the plate is aluminume i had seen plans for this type of clock stand so had a go at making my own  sum time a go having a rumige in the scrap bin at a enganering cumpaney i fawnd thes see pic at the time I thort that they wood mack good paralels  chang of plan for 1 of them as you can see ther pree drilld and steped to fit a M4 cap hed right got sum silver steel 8MM in di and steped the end and drilld and taped the botom to fit a M4 thred see pic  then made up the clamping bracet its made out of tufnol 12MM by 12MM  drilld and reemd at one end on both of them 8MM at the opisit end drilld 4.2 MM for the clamping scruw then made the clamping nut right pics   sos no pics of the making of the  clamp

Offline krv3000

Re: sumthing for the weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 05:52:20 PM »
last bit after i had made up the clamping nut i rememberd that i had sumthing beter see pic dont no wher i got them from so i set abawt modifiing them to fit they had a M6 thred in them wich was not a problem as i dont lik aluminume for repetatley scruwing things in to and out of so drilld out and taped M8 them with  locktite bering fit scruwd in sum stanles steel M8 studing drest it off then drilld and taped M4 for the clamping scruw

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 07:03:17 PM »
Nice work!

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park, South Africa
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 07:14:49 PM »
Krv,

Seems you had a very good and productive weekend.  :clap:

DaveH
(Ex Leicester, Thurmaston, Ashby De La Zouch.)

Offline krv3000

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 07:25:23 PM »
thanks all