The Shop > Tools

A Tangential Toolholder for the Sherline

(1/6) > >>

Bernd:
Those are words on my just received "The Home Shop Machinist". (January/February 2009)

Nice article on how to make a tangential holder for the Sherline. The guy is not in the US, but was nice enough to put the dimensions in imperial. So the Coke Bottle engine is going to have a "work hold order" put on it until I make one of these.

I'll post some pics as I make it. No sense in a build thread since it's all in the magizne. I know not everybody gets this magazine and some might not have this samll machine.

Might begin on it tomorrow, I said MIGHT.  :)

Bernd

Brass_Machine:
Gonna have to get that issue. I want to make one of those.

Eric

cedge:
Bernd
While I  haven't read the whole article yet, I've had a bit of time to look at the photos and I'm not sure that it's going to perform as well as other designs do. Unless I missed a view, the appears the tool is only offset in one angle. I'll get a bit of time this evening to read it and see. I'm definitely a fan of these cutters.

Steve

kellswaterri:
Yes Bernd...would very much like to see that.
                                                            John.

Bernd:
Steve,

I think he said that the tool is off set 12 degrees both ways, with a 30 degress backslope(? is that the word I'm looking for). I think he went through a lot of chuckings in his vice to get to where he ended up. I'd post a pic of it but can't because of copy right. So those who don't get the magazine, I'm sorry, you'll try to have to carry along with out pictures until I make take my own.

Anyway what have I got to loose but a few pleasent hours of shop time. (Oh darn, forgot the wife wants her pantry done :whip:)

Well, I'll find a way to sneak it in, making the tool that is. (some how that doesn't sound right ::))

Bernd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version