Author Topic: Warnings  (Read 5994 times)

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park, South Africa
Warnings
« on: June 14, 2011, 12:52:13 PM »
Hi,

Now we have this 3 strikes and out warning system in place, I would like to propose the following.

1)   Names are displayed for all to see. :hammer:

2)   A displayed log table to see who are getting the most warnings. :hammer: :hammer:

3)   In the event that we all behave ourselves, we could put forward nominations once a month and have a poll. ::)

Just a though, any more proposals  :D
 :beer:

DaveH
(Ex Leicester, Thurmaston, Ashby De La Zouch.)

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My Photo website
Re: Warnings
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 01:02:25 PM »
Just a though, any more proposals  :D

Personally, I think we need to bring back public flagellation for the minor issues, and perhaps someone who is handy with the "brown stuff" could knock up a guillotine for the more serious issues (like anyone who wears brown socks on a thursday, or who's hair defies the known laws of physics)   :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim

ps. I'm joking, except about the brown socks thing as that's just wrong. :D
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe  -  MI0TME

Offline dickda1

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 01:12:24 PM »
I usually join a forum for a month or two and then dump it after reading bad behavior.

People on this forum tend to stay on topic and are overwhelmingly polite. 

That is my biggest reason for belonging here (besides the simply superb advice and inspiring projects)

Dick
sunny (mostly) San Francisco, land of looney people, sane politics and occasional earthquakes.

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 03:09:49 PM »
Nah... I don't think that would encourage good behavior. It may even encourage someone to get the most marks  :palm:

Considering we have been around for three years, we have had only minor issues. That's pretty good!

So nah...

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Pete.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 03:34:55 PM »
Cyber-asbos!

Anyone who collects 3 is forced to wear a dirty track suit and pour white lightning on their cornflakes :D

Offline mike os

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 04:23:54 PM »
Cyber-asbos!

Anyone who collects 3 is forced to wear a dirty track suit and pour white lightning on their cornflakes :D

noooooooo

I would not even pour white lightning down my toilet  :lol:
Political correctness is a doctrine,  ... which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end

Offline DaveH

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 04:32:17 PM »
OK I give up.

What is "white lightning"

DaveH

Offline SemiSkilled

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 04:40:16 PM »
You're right, it does look easy when its finished.

Offline DaveH

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 04:44:47 PM »
Lee,
Thanks - seemed good stuff, then the "bluudy do gooders" get involved.

DaveH

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 05:11:31 PM »
Cyber-asbos!

Well I can try and clean the stains off my track suit (well, shell-suit) and tomorrow morning I`ll try Magners instead.

Offline 75Plus

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 11:32:46 PM »
OK I give up.

DaveH

On this side of the pond White Lightning is another name for "Moon Shine" a whiskey made from corn that is usually made by bootleggers. The quality leaves a lot to be desired as well as the safety. Stills have been found that was using automobile radiators as the condenser rather than a copper worm. This allows lead in the finished product. The aging period is what ever time it takes to get it to the consumer. Alcohol content can run 50% or greater especially during the first run distilled.

Try to find the old 1958 movie "Thunder Road" with Robert Mitchum for a entertaining story about "White Lightning/Moon Shine".

Joe

Offline Corvus corax

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 04:30:06 AM »
OK I give up.

DaveH

I would have guessed that it is, what we from SA, would have call "Witblits" or "Mampoer". The consumption of which is followed by a hell of a hangover, the much feared "Babalas" :lol:

Offline Dave G

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 09:34:37 AM »
My grandfather, now deceased, was a Kentucky moonshiner. He told us they would always leave a shiny new pocket knife in the trail that led to the still when they left. They figured if the knife was still there when they returned they were safe to go as any feds would surely pick up a new knife that someone had dropped from their pocket. My favorite story he told was of going to town with 2 quarts of shine tucked into a new shoe box. He would hang out by the train station waiting for a potential customer to arrive, his area was notorious for the best shine in KY. A fellow got off the train and asked my grandfather if he knew where he could get some hooch and my grandfather said he did but he would have to go fetch it for him. The man gave my grandfather the money for the shine and my grandfather gave the man the box with what he was told was a new pair of shoes for my grandmother in it for collateral until he returned with the goods. My grandfather said he always laughed all the way home as sooner or later the customer would get tired of waiting and look into the box to find his prize. True stories from a day long gone, I always loved listening to my grandfather's tales as he was one colorful person. Dave