The Craftmans Shop > Model Engineering

Versatile Dividing Head

<< < (3/3)

Bernd:

--- Quote from: madjackghengis on August 14, 2010, 12:00:29 PM ---So tell me Bernd, are you the only one of the "group" who never finished the project, and would another casting be able to be found?  I've wanted to build that dividing engine for quite some time, but never had either access to the casting, or to the original design.  If you know of one running around loose still, I'd like a chance to make an offer on it. :headbang: mad jack

--- End quote ---

Jack,

As I mentioned in the start of this thread it was a community project on Compuserve. The guy who made it lived in Louisiana and had a hobby casting shop. I doubt he is still alive since he was quite old back then. I finally a few years ago found the Geo. Thomas book with the drawings in it. I do plan on finishing this project sometime in the "distant future".  :lol:  :ddb:

I see you've already gotten some good points were to find one. Good luck.

Bernd

Tinkering_Guy:
That "hand shaper" looks like an interesting project, as well.  Personally, I'm not impressed with the MMP Web site, though; inset frames with separate scrollbars and having to bring up a PDF to see pricing..?  Meh.

Jeff Michel:
I purchased the universal pillar tool castings from Martin Model and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase any of the castings they offer. Annealed, no holes, machined great, (for cast iron) and free shipping. I had a couple of questions before I ordered, Gary Martin answers the phone, pleasant and very helpful.
Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version