The Craftmans Shop > Model Engineering

Versatile Dividing Head

(1/3) > >>

Bernd:
I wrote about this on the HMEM forum. I think it would fit in here very nice since it would make a nice build thread. Now, don't hold your breath thinking this is going to happen in the next several days. My prjects take a long time doing and finishing. Don't believe me? Just ask the wife how long it's taken to build the house we live in and how much father I have to go. I'll give you a hint, the house has been in the making since 1997 and here it's almost 2009.

Anyway I'm getting  :offtopic: here. Below are a couple of pics of an aluminum bronze casting for Geo. H. Thomas' universal dividing head. I've had this casting for a good 15 years so it's well aged and ready to have some machining done on it. The part was made by a committe. A quick explanation is in order here. A long time ago I belonged to a forum on Compuserve (anybody remember that?) on home foundries. It was decided that as a project we would do a casting everybody could put to good use. One person made the wooden pattern and then sent it to the guy that poured the castings. This guy lived in one of the southern costal states. He even made a video on tape of the whole casting procedure which we then sent around to the memebers to watch. Anyway I never got around to doing anything with it because I lacked the machinery and the book on maching it to the sizes needed plus all of the other stuff that went along with this divider. I finally found a book that had the revised addition of the divider. Tee Publications has the book so I ordered it. Now all I need is the time to fit this project in amongst the ones I've already started. So pics below.

And here's a pic of what the finished product would look like. It's not very big. It would be ideal for an X2 or X3 mill table.

One of these days I'll get the  :dremel: out and start making chips.

Bernd

CrewCab:
That's neat ............... I'll be watching .................... and thinking how well it would fit on My X2 table

CC

Darren:
Me too, this will be interesting..........be good to see how a pro works....

That's a dig guys...... :thumbup:

Bernd:

--- Quote from: Darren on December 15, 2008, 07:04:41 PM ---Me too, this will be interesting..........be good to see how a pro works....

That's a dig guys...... :thumbup:

--- End quote ---

Don't do that to me Darren. I was sweeting bullets there for a minute. I don't preform well under pressure.  :D

Bernd

Darren:
I think you perform pretty well.

Seeing you move that mill gave me nightmares....but you had it under control all the time....

Phew...... :bow:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version