Author Topic: Zeatz Iberimex 250mm rotary table  (Read 4243 times)

Offline Trion

Zeatz Iberimex 250mm rotary table
« on: May 16, 2011, 01:08:55 PM »
I was in Germany in the beginning of April. I couldn't leave without bringing a souvenir :)
It is a Iberimex rotary table built by Zeatz. It has graduations until seconds and a two sided diving plate with holes from 22 to 60-something. Should be good after a proper rebuild :dremel:

When I got home it soon looked like this. Actually it took a while to get it apart because it probably hadn't been opened since it was new..

Unfortunately the table has been either under water, or more likely, been used extensively with coolant. This is the horizontal bearing surface.

The ball bearing for the graduation collar was completely worn out and surrounded by this mess

The bearing surfaces for the shaft has minor pitting on them, but not much to complain about

What has had me scratching my head for quite a while is the locking mechanism of the table. What you see on the first picture is just clamping on the outside of the table with some brass washers. The original mechanism is far more complicated and was somehow positioned inside the table.

The parts sit somewhat like this

Something is supposed to push the round piece onto the tapered surface of the lock. Then the other side of the lock clamps onto the table

I have been in contact with Zeatz and Iberimex to get some information, but they only have instruction manuals for tables with revised locking mechanism which is much nicer and seems much better. Not sure what to do regarding the locking mechanism.
New bearings are on order though, should be good :)

Offline dickda1

Re: Zeatz Iberimex 250mm rotary table
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 01:37:49 PM »
Trion,

What is the size of the table?  It looks something like 25 cm in diameter.  Hope you have a strong back unless you leave it on the mill.
-Dick
sunny (mostly) San Francisco, land of looney people, sane politics and occasional earthquakes.

Offline Trion

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 03:48:19 AM »
As the title says, itīs 250mm, That makes it about 55 kg, somewhat heavier than the milling vise. I am careful with my back, and plan to leave it on the mill most of the time. :thumbup:

Offline HS93

• In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 04:25:53 AM »
That is  heavier than my compleate mill!   :lol:

:ddb: :ddb:  Peter   :ddb: :ddb:
I am usless at metalwork, Oh and cannot spell either . failure

Offline djc

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 02:59:45 PM »
What has had me scratching my head for quite a while is the locking mechanism of the table. What you see on the first picture is just clamping on the outside of the table with some brass washers. The original mechanism is far more complicated and was somehow positioned inside the table.

It looks like the slotted bit at the bottom of the clamping mechanism (that you access from the underside of the table) is for adjustment - to bring the clamping wedge near to its clamping surface. The spring is to release it.

The horizontal rod with a 45 degree end can be actuated by an eccentric portion on a vertical shaft bearing on the flat end - you would need a hollow top-hatted bush that screws into the table, with a horizontal hole in it. Into this fits a shaft that has a handle on it and the eccentric portion. When you make it, don't drill the hole for the handle until you work out the position of the shaft in the locked state - it's embarrassing to have the handle over the table when it's locked!