The Shop > Tools

Auctions

<< < (2/6) > >>

Darren:

A small update with a some pic's of the two saws I bought at auction the other day. The blade was of course totally shot so I tried a normal type. Took the teeth right off almost straight away. but that's cheap market blades for you. Prob just carbon blades as they don't have the type printed on them.

And the other side

This is the Warco Bandsaw, It looks very grubby but it's not as bad as the pictures would have you believe. It works perfectly. I have taken the blade off to measure it and now have some on the way.

Couple of things need doing, one rear leg needs fixing back on and the off switch bar needs replacing. Nothing difficult at all.
The motor looks to have been changed and the belt cover is missing.

And of course these double up as a vertical bandsaw as well. Need to make a plate for this. Again not beyond the scope of this mere mortal.

I also bought the pallet trolley and car trailer you see in the background at the same time. Both will come in very handy as we are renovating our house at the moment. So please excuse the background mess.
Why did I buy both saws? Well as I said previously there were three auctioneers going at the same time. I really wanted to go home with at least one saw, so I left Helen, my good lady, to  bid on one whilst I bid on the other. I ended up with both !!!

But that's not a bad thing...... :)

Darren

Brass_Machine:
I have the red version of the Warco. The stand it is on is cheap and flimsy and too low to the ground. I bought a 3 shelf cart and flipped the top shelf and mounted it to that. I also removed the front set of the rolling casters and put a block in place. Made the saw much higher and more stable. I can take pictures of it if you like.

Eric

Darren:
Hi Eric, yes please do post some pic's. A little inspiration is never a bad thing  :wave:

I once bought one of these new to build my kit car. I seem to remember that the stand was a bit flimsy.

Darren

Brass_Machine:
I will get those tonight or tomorrow.

What kind of kit are you going to build? You will be posting your progress here?  :headbang:

Eric

Darren:
I think you miss-understood me Eric, I built the car almost 10 years ago.. :thumbup:

I'm not about to undertake another, as much as I'd like to.....too much else on at the mo... :whip:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version