The Craftmans Shop > New from Old

Knives, from junk.

<< < (2/4) > >>

BiggerHammer:
Very nice work. I never would have considered making a blade out of an old file. I absolutely LOVE the one in the last pic with the brass guard. What type of metal did you use for the blade?

Blade:
Nice! i like the truck half shaft knife and the rebar knife. I started out making knives from what most people would consider junk, made a ton of knives out of old saw blades and files and leaf springs. Planer blades make great knives also and if you are carefull when you cut and grind them you can make a knife without having to mess with heat treating.

Divided he ad:
I was chatting to Bogs about these on Sunday... They are a very nice collection.   :nrocks:

Personal preference - 3rd one down.... The file pattern makes it very different, and then the last 2. The little one with the great shape and then the leafspring bowie type.... Very nice and shiny (I like shiny :headbang:)

Still can't have them outside of your home here without a damn good reason. But I do like the style and finish on them a lot, would look nice on display and make a possible talking point?

I'm bound to have a go at some point  :dremel:

Very happy you decided to show them.  :)

Ralph.

Brass_Machine:
 :bow: :bow: :bow:

Very nice! Next time you make one, can you take some pictures along the way? I would be very interested in seeing the process.

Eric

one_rod:
Thanks to everyone for the comments.

Brass_machine, Andy, et.al. Think I have a few "in progress" photos somewhere. Will have to dig them out.

BiggerHammer, that knife was made out of one of the rear leaf springs from the strangest little car you will ever see....http://storm.oldcarmanualproject.com/reliant/robin/Reliant%20Robin%201e.jpg   :loco:

Doing this sort of thing is just about keeping an open mind, and seeing the possibilities.

A couple of before/after shots...

one_rod.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version