Author Topic: Nice surprise  (Read 3391 times)

Offline rleete

• Madmodder Committee
Nice surprise
« on: April 09, 2011, 07:34:37 PM »
Recently, I answered an ad on Craigslist asking for lathe work.  Since it was delrin, the customer supplied the material, and it was a simple turning job, I refused payment.  I asked him (former machinist) if he had any tooling or set-up stuff he wanted t0 sell to contact me, and we'd make a deal.  He agreed.  I haven't heard from him for over a week, and just figured he didn't have anything for sale.  No big deal.

Today I get a package in the mail, and I haven't ordered anything.  But, I noted the box was from Shars, where I have purchased from in the past.  Inside, a brand new set of 1-2-3 blocks, ordered by the guy, and shipped to me.

Sometimes, being a nice guy does pay off.
Creating scrap, one part at a time

Offline crabsign69

Re: Nice surprise
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 07:59:06 PM »
oh how wonderful . what a nice thing to do  :thumbup:

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 12:03:20 AM »
rleete

Good for you. Its always nice when just being nice pays off in nice ways that you didn't expect. It kind of helps you to have faith in your fellow man when sometimes that is hard to do. Thanks for sharing that with us. :D :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
  • Machinist Extraordinaire
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 10:50:26 AM »
I do Freebies all the time for people around town. Especially if I know that they have sandblasters, Tig welders, Vibratory deburers, Things that might come in handy later. Plus you make friends that way.

Wes :wave:
Wesley P
A Gismo ??? If it has a flywheel or spins and is made with small parts. I'll take one! If it makes noise, moves, or requires frequent oiling and dusting it's a better deal yet. It's especially right if its shiny and bright; but if it's dirty and dull it wont mater at all...

Offline Blade

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 01:46:31 PM »
It's always nice to get gifts like that when you do a job as a favor and aren't expecting anything in return.